Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

No Pics???
Booooooooo!
Pics or Ban!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM

671 posts, read 854,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't share those views. I don't know any religion that promotes dressing provocatively. Thus this does not really have anything to do with Christianity but with the influence of religion on clothing in general.

I am an atheist, I don't see anything negative in sexuality. I prefer to be around Brazilians rather than Amish or Muslims, frankly.
Nor do I think that there is any connection between what a person believes (gods, morals etc.) and how they dress. A Muslim woman hiding her body is in no way any superior to a Western woman wearing revealing clothes.

So, you are saying that Brazilians are "sexual"?
Do you not realize that comment is offensive and prejudiced?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
So, you are saying that Brazilians are "sexual"?
Do you not realize that comment is offensive and prejudiced?
That is not what I said. Still, they do have completely different attitudes towards the body, sexuality, clothing, etc. compared to Muslims, Amish and such people. Just compare a beach in Brazil with one in the Emirates. What is offensive and prejudiced about mentioning that difference?

Last edited by Neuling; 11-06-2013 at 11:24 AM..

Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
1 Timothy 2:9 "likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire"
I bet some of those so called "Christian" girls also had braided hair and were wearing gold jewelry with their pants and boots! And what if some of them are in school to be come teachers or run a company?! Cause you know the passage you picked out continues with:

1 Timothy 2:11-12 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

Why are these so called "Christian" girls even allowed to be in school?!

Old 11-06-2013, 12:59 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Those yoga pants were designed by the devil. Most men have no chance. Women know men will and are looking.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Welcome to the 21st Century!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I bet some of those so called "Christian" girls also had braided hair and were wearing gold jewelry with their pants and boots! And what if some of them are in school to be come teachers or run a company?! Cause you know the passage you picked out continues with:

1 Timothy 2:11-12 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

Why are these so called "Christian" girls even allowed to be in school?!
Uh..because of grace of God, speaking in theological terms))))
But seriously, it's right in front of you, what place is really defined for women in Christianity, even if this religion is far less oppressive comparably to Islam in this respect.
So it's pretty simple, really; if you like to wear yoga pants ( or spandex clothing, or whatever,) - go for it, wear whatever you are pleased, just don't try to mix Christianity into it. You might fool yourself for a while, but you are definitely not fooling God by all means)))

Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Troll

Old 11-06-2013, 01:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Those yoga pants were designed by the devil. Most men have no chance. Women know men will and are looking.
Of course people will look, that is the point, else they might as well wear a tent
But what does it change? I mean, men "inspect" women no matter what they wear, it is innate.

Those discussions are always a bit hypercritical, I mean, who complains about men wearing shorts, a beard, no top or whatever women find attractive about men?

Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Even though I am a strong follower of Hinduism, I still do wear jeans, Polos, Western shirts, and woolen sweaters to the Temple out of survival necessities. I avoid wearing shorts to the temple at all times though. Technically, men are supposed to go to temple clean showered, wrapped in a long towel and shirtless. No way I am wearing that here, cuz its too darn cold in fall, winter, and spring. The only modest things I can do while going to pray to god is be clean showered, take off my shoes, and clean my hands & legs before entering the divine shrine.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-06-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty