Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times

Advertisements

To some people, if you do not look like the Cleaver family, you are in some way suspicious/immature/loser/low class/uneducated/poor/or whatever other perceived social stigma someone can create.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
They look suspicious because they seem as if they're hiding something. Just like when people where sunglasses or hats inside.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Maybe. I got the impression he was talking about "in a store," and he's not a security guard patrolling an outdoor market or a park or something. There's no reason to wear a hood inside a retail store.
See I thought just the opposite, that it was somewhere outdoors. From the way the OP described the people as coming on the property instead of walking into the building it just sounded like he observes an outside area. I think it makes a big difference of how someone is perceived based on their location and what the weather might be like if they were outside.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 PM

420 posts, read 698,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I'm a security officer and part of my duties require me to observe and report any suspicious looking people on the property I work at and I have to admit that the moment I see a male with a hooded sweatshirt come on the property he automatically becomes "suspect number one". Not talking about wearing it with the hood down obviously but referring to the ones that wear the hood up. Not sure why but it just makes me feel like that person is up to no good and if something happened and saw the hooded person walking away from the scene along with a few other people he would be the first one I would question.

Thoughts?
Unfortunately, you've watched too much TV.

Winter's coming, so be easy. Wouldn't want to see you on the news for profiling.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 PM

728 posts, read 1,900,539 times
I guess I should have explained the situation a bit more.

These "hooded" men are wearing the hoods on a sunny, warm day in Southern California. There is no cold wind or rain to be protected from. These aren't albinos that need to be shielded from the sun. These are just regular guys wearing hoods on days that don't require it. I could totally understand when it's cold or windy or raining since I also have a hood on my jacket that I use when necessary but again the weather when I made my observations did not warrant the use of the hood.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:09 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I'm a security officer and part of my duties require me to observe and report any suspicious looking people on the property I work at and I have to admit that the moment I see a male with a hooded sweatshirt come on the property he automatically becomes "suspect number one". Not talking about wearing it with the hood down obviously but referring to the ones that wear the hood up. Not sure why but it just makes me feel like that person is up to no good and if something happened and saw the hooded person walking away from the scene along with a few other people he would be the first one I would question.

Thoughts?
Because all they have to do is look down to hide their faces. They often look like they are hiding under the hood. That is suspicious.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:16 PM

23,549 posts, read 24,057,818 times
It is the uniform of the inner city GHETTO boys and men. That and add the baggy jeans which worn low, show the crack in their as*.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
It is the uniform of the inner city GHETTO boys and men.
Oh please, all types of people wear hooded sweatshirts.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,191 times
Sure a lot of people wear hooded sweatshirts but few actually wear the hood over their heads.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Sure a lot of people wear hooded sweatshirts but few actually wear the hood over their heads.
Then why wear a hooded sweatshirt if your not actually going to use the hood? Why not just wear a regular sweatshirt, or even a sweater or coat/jacket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty