Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women Wearing Risqué Halloween Costumes?
Yes, stylish and humorous and sexy 39 50.65%
No, degrading and childish 38 49.35%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:23 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,477 times

Advertisements

I think there's a line between sexy and inappropriate. I don't want to see your areola, nipples, booty cheeks, or booty crack. If there's cleavage and your booty cheeks are at least covered, even if it's in paint, that's fine. Just, not at my kid's party. If it's an all adult party (not at work), go for it!

I must admit, when I went to the specialty shop for my son's costume, I saw quite a few outfits I wanted to buy... for the bedroom. Hoping one of them will be in my Christmas stocking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Begging strangers for candy?

Yes that's the best part How about giving it back to the kids? I bought costumes for two of the girls and they were mini versions of adult sexy. That's what I meant about getting back to what Halloween is supposed to be. I can't even tell you what one costume is supposed to be. The other was a sexy version of Little Red Riding Hood. The other girl that was with us is a Tom boy and couldn't find a costume she was interested in. What adults do at parties is their business but there isn't enough options for adults and kids that don't want to be part of the slutty attired group. I'm wondering what message this sends to my girls as well. One of them came as a semi slutty version of a cheetah last year. What was her mother thinking?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Hey you know what... my wife wants us to be Magenta and Dr. Frank R. Furter from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" for Halloween...... nothing more appealing than a full role reversal... the MAN wearing the risque skimpy outfit!!!
I think the female costume in the picture is supposed to be Columbia, not Magenta.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
Quote:
Hey you know what... my wife wants us to be Magenta and Dr. Frank R. Furter from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" for Halloween...... nothing more appealing than a full role reversal... the MAN wearing the risque skimpy outfit!!!
Don't dream it, just be it! RHPS is fun! And remember, "Don't get hot and flustered, use a bit of mustard." ---Dr. Frank n' Furter

Old 10-22-2013, 01:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I think the female costume in the picture is supposed to be Columbia, not Magenta.

OOPS!!! how dare I.. my wife would kill me if I made that error even if I didn't mean to.. LOL. Yes you are correct...!

Old 10-22-2013, 01:09 PM

324 posts, read 655,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post

role reversal on this would not work well.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:36 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yes that's the best part How about giving it back to the kids? I bought costumes for two of the girls and they were mini versions of adult sexy. That's what I meant about getting back to what Halloween is supposed to be. I can't even tell you what one costume is supposed to be. The other was a sexy version of Little Red Riding Hood. The other girl that was with us is a Tom boy and couldn't find a costume she was interested in. What adults do at parties is their business but there isn't enough options for adults and kids that don't want to be part of the slutty attired group. I'm wondering what message this sends to my girls as well. One of them came as a semi slutty version of a cheetah last year. What was her mother thinking?
Agree.... wonder if we shop in the same Chicago Halloween costume stores. I took my 11 y.o. daughter to a store to get a costume last week. We started in the kid section and I was surprised with how sexualized the costumes had become. Costumes were either too babyish (e.g. cookie monster) for her or too sexy (e.g. sexy teenage pop star).

To top it off, she is tall for her age so in a size 14. I couldn't find a size 14 in the kids' section. When I asked the clerk for her size, she told me they don't carry many size 14's because the girls can wear the adult small.

So we went to the adult section and, guess what, everything was sluttified (is that a word?). She was thinking about being Alice in wonderland, Queen of Hearts, or a hockey player. We found all these costumes in the adult section, but they were all sluttified... LOL.... Sleazy hockey player with tight, short, low cut hockey jersey (which read "Puck You") with go-go boots cracked me up.

Anyhow, I guess now is as good time as any to learn how to sew a costume.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
From last night's Daily Show: Sexy Halloween Costumes - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/22/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

(May not be friendly for work, if you work someplace where a woman in a giant vagina costume is frowned upon.)

Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
From last night's Daily Show: Sexy Halloween Costumes - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/22/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

(May not be friendly for work, if you work someplace where a woman in a giant vagina costume is frowned upon.)
LMAO.... That is one of the funniest things I've seen! Thanks for the link!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
When I see chicks as a sexy cat or bumble bee I think of a Ron Burgundy

"Why don't you go back to your home on w***e island"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty