Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,028,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
...and doing such things that will not be mentioned...

Hmm...One can only imagine... You must have been taking swing dance lessons together, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:12 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
What is it you like most about it?

Feeling of protection? how their body feels during intimacy? to look at? what is the single biggest thing for you.
I'm not talking hardcore bodybuilder muscular. More a muscular NFL quarterback type or athlete.
I have a huge appreciation of the discipline and hard work it takes to get there. And I simply like the way it looks. Looks healthy to me...much healthier than someone that is skinny with no muscle tone, or someone that is overweight.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Women, what do you think about a physique like this:
Although he is probably quite healthy, I don't find such a thin body to be appealing, at all. I know plenty of long distance runners with a LOT more muscle than this guy.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What looks ridiculous to me is that meathead look. The whole gym rat thing just looks stupid to me. Like, come on, what are you compensating for?

Oh, and to answer the question, health is attractive. I like how it looks, and sure, it's nice to grab, er, touch. But also, it makes a man look great in his clothes, too. That's just as important as when he's out of them.
Lots of people call ME a gym rat. I know plenty of guys at the gym..and most of them do NOT look that that!! There are a few there, to be sure, but they are in the minority.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,222,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hahaha!

Which character looks like you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
eric before he cut his hair
And C-D's single women surround Odysseus like the women surrounded Galahad at Castle Anthrax.

(Pardon the ad.)

Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM

5 posts, read 8,691 times
There's something about the way they look to us. I think it's really primal. For as long as women have been around we seek out the guy with that protective look. The one that you know will protect you from everything and when he is next to you you have this sense of calm and pride...like you picked the best lion in the pack. No joke...its sorta like picking out the girl with the best boobs or a nice butt...physical attraction can lead you to a whole lot. I won't lie, I am in no way attracted to a guy I could share my pants with. I have no physical attraction to a skinny guy. I want the biggest lion in the herd and yes I am tiny but that makes it all the more attractive for me. I'm 5'5" and weigh 127lb (I'm tiny) and my BF is 6'3" and weighs in at around 250. He played Rugby for high school and the marines so he's really buff and I have to admit that from first glance I was very attracted to him. But I also have this really good really skinny guy friend that asked me out when I was single and I had to tell him no because honestly I couldn't imagine myself with him. I don't want a guy I have to defend I want the guy who will protect me...

Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM

706 posts, read 1,181,941 times
As someone who weight trains myself, I appreciate the hard work and dedication ( both in the gym and in the kitchen ) that it takes to be muscular and shredded. That dedication is a serious turn on...plus, it just looks extra manly and sexy as all hell.

Puny/ skinny guys just don't do it for me.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 PM

21 posts, read 31,855 times
I appreciate the runner's body, and the swimmer and the martial artist. I do not prefer muscular gym guys... I find the ones I have dated to be slow in general and lazy in bed. I'd prefer a bit too skinny than too much the other way, but that's just me. I think a lot of muscular men actually look overweight with thick necks and overworked obliques making the love handles stick out. Different strokes.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 PM

24 posts, read 28,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
A guy looking like that is showing an obvious ability to make a woman feel kind of safe & protected. (I have studied martial arts, and I still want a guy to make me feel that way )

How the body feels during intimacy...I would consider a bonus.
I feel the appeal of a man's muscularity is that it gives the *illusion* or the *hope* that he might be protective.

In reality (or at least in my experience), a man who has obviously defined and strong, large muscles is no more likely to be protective or loving than a man who hasn't developed his muscles as much (or whose muscles tend not to bulk up as readily with use).

However, hope springs eternal! I sometimes have to fight my own mind that naively tells me, if I see someone who looks strong, that he might protect me if I needed it. Enough disappointments makes you realize there isn't a correlation between muscularity and protection.

But there is still something about a man's strength that gets to me on some primal level.

I remember the first time I sparred with a former Tai Kwon Do instructor, a really friendly guy in the military who had a very strong physique. Feeling all his controlled power so close to me was exhilarating. Knowing that he *could* do damage to me, but didn't, made me feel a sense of awe and respect for him. I greatly admired his skill combined with his strength. Experiencing the speed and strength with which he threw his punch toward me before I blocked it...awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have a huge appreciation of the discipline and hard work it takes to get there. And I simply like the way it looks. Looks healthy to me...much healthier than someone that is skinny with no muscle tone, or someone that is overweight.
I think that strength alone isn't so appealing. But if someone uses and obtains his strength by doing some skill, like ripping apart the jaws of an attacking shark, or building a house, or tenderly holding a baby ... *that* catches my attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty