Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I hope styles.move.back toward shorter shorts. I hate the long baggy ones. The male body doesn't need to be hidden to that extent.
Not to mention that shorter shorts are much cooler than shorts way down below the knees.

Isn't the whole idea of shorts increased comfort in the heat?

I guess women aren't the only ones who will choose to suffer {high heels} just to be "in style". LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Zombie thread!

If you're over 30 and your shorts still go down to/past your knees, you're doing it wrong.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Can we go back to this?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Can we go back to this?
LOL, why not???

Old 02-25-2024, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Sorry folks. I guess I should have included a picture to illustrate what I was talking about. [IMG][/IMG]
Wait...THESE are the shorts she was complaining about...?

They literally just look like normal shorts?

What does she expect? You to wear shorts below your knees?

They're just barely above your kneecaps, too. And you're sitting in the photo, too, so I imagine they're even closer to your knee when standing.

Either way though, if she thinks those shorts are too short, she shouldn't ever come where I live, because EVERY guy I know wears shorts of a similar length to those, haha...

Old 02-29-2024, 10:29 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I grew up in the 80's when really short shorts were the fashion (at least according to old family photos I've seen) so I have always been used to wearing shorts that didn't ever go past the knee. In recent years it's become quite a quest shopping for new shorts because it seems that most shorts made in the last 10 years are the longer style shorts that go below the knees. For some reason it bugs me when I wear longer shorts since the fabric rubs against my knees as I walk. I do a lot of hiking/walking and the shorter "cargo" type shorts have always worked well and feel much more comfortable for me. They aren't usually much shorter than an inch or so above the knee so it's not like I am wearing "Daisy Duke" type shorts. GF recently told me she thinks my shorts are too short and that guys shouldn't wear shorts above the knee. What do you think?
Dressing is a personal thing. Each person should dress the way that THEY are most comfortable for whatever occasion it may be.

I, myself, don't like the huge flare jeans, so I wear boot cut because I like my boots. I have my own fashion statement that me, myself and I are perfectly happy with.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Dressing is a personal thing. Each person should dress the way that THEY are most comfortable for whatever occasion it may be.

I, myself, don't like the huge flare jeans, so I wear boot cut because I like my boots. I have my own fashion statement that me, myself and I are perfectly happy with.
Word! For me, personally, like the OP I don't like shorts below the knee. So I won't wear them no matter what the trend is. My shorts will stay above my knee no matter what.

In general I think that following trends just to follow them is not a very smart thing to do. If it's something that piques your interest then go ahead and wear it, but if it's an article of clothing you clearly dislike or hate and you're wearing it just to "fit in" or "be trendy"...yeah, I wouldn't do that, personally...

Plus, it'll just be inauthentic in general. There's usually a difference between someone following the trend because they actually like it, and someone following the trend to fit in even if they hate it. And usually it's easy to tell the person apart from the other because of the vibe they give off.

Me wearing below the knee shorts would just simply be inauthentic, so I'll not wear them no matter the trend.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:03 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
For me, the perfect inseam length is 9-10 inches. I like some nice stretch chino shorts in that length.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:52 PM

3 posts, read 785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
For me, the perfect inseam length is 9-10 inches. I like some nice stretch chino shorts in that length.
For me it's anywhere between a 5 inch inseam and 9 inch inseam length. Any shorter than a 5 inch inseam and I feel indecent, and any longer than a 9 inch inseam I feel like I'm wearing capris.

A 9 inch inseam still ends well above my knees, but not showing nearly as much thigh as a 5 inch inseam.

Your inseam range of 9-10 inches is basically equal to my "longest" length, lol. Except I stop at 9 and don't go up to 10.

Either way though, it's a preference thing, obviously. There's no right or wrong.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:11 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Not many men suit shorts... but dont seem to care...good legs and height are needed with a nice tan... Here in Scotland its mainly blue legs out on show the first time the sun comes out some with sandals and socks...no just no... keep them covered..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty