Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 PM

11,308 posts, read 18,913,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
I'm blond, white, blue eyes guy and I've always been attracted to middle eastern, Jewish, Hispanic, or olive skinned women. I wonder if there is a complementary survival mechanism at work here. Maybe some opposite features integrated together produce more robust offspring.
Contrary to stereotype, "Jewish" usually (in fact more than most other ethnic groups I know) has equal parts of everything within the (for lack of a better word) "white spectrum". In both my family and my wife's (in both cases 100% Jewish AFAIK), there's equal amounts of relatives who are so blond (or red headed) and fair they would "blend in" in Dublin or Stockholm, and much "darker" relatives who could probably at least somewhat "blend in" in San Juan or Dubai and also every phenotype in between as well. My wife's 2 brother's are very much the latter, while she herself is somewhat the former (natural "dirty blond", very fair skin). I have the unusual "mix" of black hair, olive-y skin, but solid blue eyes (probably because my dad had blond hair/blue eyes (yet his brother had a striking resemblence to King Hussein) and my mom looks somewhat Middle Eastern or perhaps the "light end" of Hispanic or stereotypically Greek or Sicilian).

I know I'm going a bit overboard with this, but just wanted to note.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,355,141 times
Let me see...

David Beckham (blonde/hazel)

Robert Redford (blonde/blue)

Andy Garcia (black/dark brown)

Colin Farrell (dark brown/dark brown)

Ahhh... they're all fine by me.

Last edited by PatanjaliTwist; 07-31-2013 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,617 times
I like the Latino/Persian/Eurasian look.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:26 AM

830 posts, read 1,667,587 times
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I strongly prefer the dark-complected look. By that I mean dark brown or "black" hair and "medium" skin tone. He can be of any race. I prefer warm brown eyes; light blue or hazel is ok too, but bold green or bold blue eyes like mine bother me for some reason.

Last edited by Tintlelli; 08-01-2013 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: details, details!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 AM

318 posts, read 626,597 times
I like pale skin and dark hair. My boyfriend is half Japanese and half Swedish, and he has the pale skin of a typical Swede and hazel eyes, but he inherited his mother's jet black hair. It's awesome.

I don't really have a preference for eye colour.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
I have always preferred dark hair and eyes. Not sure why, but it's true.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,733,559 times
Blue or green eyes with dark hair is stunning on men, but I also like blonde with blue or green eyes.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,525,265 times
No extremes. If I were to think of my dream man, he wouldn't "look" any particular ethnic group. Somewhere in between swarthy and fair lies the man of my esthetic dreams.

However, a great personality and a caring heart could sway me from this. I am more interested in what's inside.

Since I have found the man of my dreams, I need not look further.

There does seem to be somewhat of a "bandwagon" of people who seem to only prefer dark men - Mediterranean types.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:15 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,109,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
No extremes. If I were to think of my dream man, he wouldn't "look" any particular ethnic group. Somewhere in between swarthy and fair lies the man of my esthetic dreams.

However, a great personality and a caring heart could sway me from this. I am more interested in what's inside.

Since I have found the man of my dreams, I need not look further.

There does seem to be somewhat of a "bandwagon" of people who seem to only prefer dark men - Mediterranean types.

Has anyone else noticed this?
yes I have and that is what prompted me to ask this question ......

Old 08-01-2013, 11:56 AM

747 posts, read 1,683,709 times
When I wasn't married I was never super picky with hair and eye color. there was only one thing I hated in the hair/eye color dept and that was red hair. Yuck! red hair was a huge dealbreaker!

As far as my favorites...dark hair and either blue or brown eyes...blue being my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty