Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 AM

44 posts, read 83,882 times

Advertisements

I have tailors bunions which are bunions near the last toe and I wear sandals like thong shaped ones. I recently bought a pair that has like a strap going across the toes and these sandals makes my tailors bunion more noticeable. I don't know if I should return these shoes or not. Is it gross to see bunions? I want to post a pic of the sandals but I'm on my phone so I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 AM

44 posts, read 83,882 times
The sandals are the deena and ozzy double strap sandal from urban outfitters

Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
If you like them and they are comfortable, I would wear them. A nice pedicure always make you feel better about your feet and makes them look better.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I wouldn't wear it for two reasons:

- the look - it just looks deformed and painful
- can maybe cause further irritation/pain/damage depending on where it applies pressure

Just go get your foot fixed. Better sooner than later. You may be able to get away with home treatment.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I really think surgery depends on the severity. I have them on the big toe of both of my feet and they aren't terrible noticeable and my foot dr does not recommend surgery. They are also not unsightly.

OP, if they are uncomfortable, I would not wear them. If you are ok with showing your feet in their present condition, I would.

I did not see OPs foot so I cannot say they look deformed or painful. Was there a pic up that was taken down?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I really think surgery depends on the severity. I have them on the big toe of both of my feet and they aren't terrible noticeable and my foot dr does not recommend surgery. They are also not unsightly.

OP, if they are uncomfortable, I would not wear them. If you are ok with showing your feet in their present condition, I would.

I did not see OPs foot so I cannot say they look deformed or painful. Was there a pic up that was taken down?
I am thinking of my grandma..they were painful and she avoided surgery just because "it wasn't going to kill her to have some bunions and not wear heels anymore."

No pic was up. I still wouldn't wear them even if it was slight in case it made the problem worse.. I would be wearing one of those brace things covered by a shoe. The severe ones look so painful I would never want it to get to that point if I could avoid it.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times
If the sandals feel great, wear them. Do paint your toe nails a neutral shade. My feet are UGLY but will wear sandals anyhow. Have had multiple surgeries due to arthritis, have suture scars all over them, and my toes are funny shaped--left foot looks completely different from the right foot. I try to find "skimmers" with closed toes for summer but have trouble finding ones that fit. The sandals I have at least fit so I'm going to wear them.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I don't think I've ever seen a bunion. What causes them?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a bunion. What causes them?
Female hormones cause the bone to soften up,and its aggrevated by wearing tight shoes and high heels.
Some peopleare born with them

Old 06-17-2013, 03:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
If they don't hurt or irritate your bunions I would keep them.

For those recommending foot surgery.....the poster did not mention her bunions being painful. Foot surgery is not something to take lightly. It is often a long recovery and comes with it's own set of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty