Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 12,509 times

Advertisements

I've been called ugly once before, and the comment has really been stuck in my head recently. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel very confident in how dateable I am to girls in college. Perhaps it's because of my big nose, not sure.. Just curious to hear others' opinions, both good or bad! Thanks

19, male; out of curiosity, would you consider me to be good-looking/average/ugly? please rate an honest 1-10?-pic-1.jpg

19, male; out of curiosity, would you consider me to be good-looking/average/ugly? please rate an honest 1-10?-pic-2.jpg

19, male; out of curiosity, would you consider me to be good-looking/average/ugly? please rate an honest 1-10?-pic-3.jpg

19, male; out of curiosity, would you consider me to be good-looking/average/ugly? please rate an honest 1-10?-pic-4.jpg

Last edited by bap123; 05-19-2013 at 01:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
It's a slippery slope because girls dig confidence. If you are confident, you will find it easy to be funny, witty, etc, which will get girls, even if you are just average looking. I'm a 25 year old straight guy, but you aren't ugly. If you have a good personality, you shouldn't have a problem with women. It's not a walk in the park for any guy, just remember that. If you have any questions, just ask here or send me a direct message. Seriously, don't worry, if you can't get girls in college, it will be because of your attitude or personality rather than your looks.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:09 AM

136 posts, read 305,035 times
Agree with the post above. I'm a guy as well, but i can tell you there's nothing wrong with the way you look and you should be able to get any woman you want. Don't let some stupid comment derail you.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,722 times
You look normal.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 AM

2 posts, read 12,509 times
Thanks for the reply! For the record though, I never show my insecurities in person, haha. I always walk, act and talk confident when I'm with others, and always strive to show my nice, funny personality, because that's all anyone can really do to make themselves more attractive apart from their looks. It's just from my experience being friend-zoned that I wondered if my looks were the deciding factor in that decision. Never tried an anonymous post before, and was just curious how others perceived me based on physical attractiveness, that's all.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:34 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap123 View Post
Thanks for the reply! For the record though, I never show my insecurities in person, haha. I always walk, act and talk confident when I'm with others, and always strive to show my nice, funny personality, because that's all anyone can really do to make themselves more attractive apart from their looks. It's just from my experience being friend-zoned that I wondered if my looks were the deciding factor in that decision. Never tried an anonymous post before, and was just curious how others perceived me based on physical attractiveness, that's all.
I would be willing to bet that your friend zones are from the way you interact with them. It's impossible to know though without more details or actually seeing you interacting in person. I highly doubt it is your looks.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:55 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,435,430 times
Who has called you ugly? I'm betting it's other guys, and not women! If your not getting the dates you want, you're not asking out enough women. And don't wait until she's already become a friend, ask her out early on, even if it means taking more of a risk that you're unsure if you'll be compatible.

Take a look at pics of Adrien Brody, a celebrity many women find very attractive and sexy, even though he has a prominent nose.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:26 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
So, no one actually called you ugly? Asking for advice based on something that didn't happen is ugly.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
I've been called ugly once before, and the comment has really been stuck in my head recently. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel very confident in how dateable I am to girls in college. Perhaps it's because of my big nose, not sure.. Just curious to hear others' opinions, both good or bad! Thanks

Attachment 111855

Attachment 111856

Attachment 111857

Attachment 111858

Lose the hat in the first photo, the rest are just fine. I think you are cute but you are younger than all of my children so I'm not sure how much that counts.

I see no reason for a lack of confidence on your part. It appears you like to laugh, you seem to have friends and look as comfortable in dress clothes as you do casual wear. Just lose the hat in photo number 1 and I think you will do fine. Don't let those girls intimidate you, they are just as human as you are just girls. Treat them well, don't lie to them, cheat on them, steal from them or lead them on if you don't have true feelings for them and enjoy your dating life and youth.

Whatever you do, don't seek a girl just to have sex with her, seek her for who she is and when you do have sex make sure you are quadruple protected.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 AM

27,165 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Bullying is horrendous and sorry you were a recipient. You are no where near unattractive (I don't think anyone should be referred to as ugly) so imagine for a second what that could be like if that were the case. Consider the source of who says such things because I can pretty much guarantee they're not someone you'll be wanting to spend any time around or someone who has much to contribute to society in general. Be yourself and use that great smile often, good things will come your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty