Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite type of perfume?
Citrus 16 28.57%
Floral 16 28.57%
Spicy/Oriental 18 32.14%
Woody 9 16.07%
Gourmand 3 5.36%
Leather 1 1.79%
Green/Grassy 5 8.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I love wearing these two Philosophy perfumes ("Falling in Love", and "Unconditional Love"). I don't know which categories they go under. Maybe light/sweet/floral? I also like Aquolina "Pink Sugar." and a perfume called "Serendipity." It smells like heavenly chocolate. In addition, I like Coach "Poppy" and Vanilla smells.

The most compliments I have ever gotten from men was when I was wearing "Unconditional Love", "Pink Sugar" and another one called "Loverdose" by Diesel.
We have some scents in common. I have been wearing Pink Sugar Sensual lately. Just picked up a Coach poppy roller with regular Poppy and the blossom. Another fave is LaVanille Grapefruit. I bet you'd like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM

5,134 posts, read 4,487,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
I love Classique by Gaultier. I think it is floral.
What a coincidence! Last weekend I was at Ulta and passed by this fragrance. I've seen it for years, but never paid any attention to it because I didn't like the bottle.

I sprayed some on and at first was a bit unimpressed. But within half an hour the scent changed and it was wonderful. Very floral and powdery.

It brought me back to when I was growing up and the women in my house were preparing to go out somewhere special. There would a marvelous smell in the air of fine dusting powder and perfume. We would all be so happy and excited, trying to look and smell our best, and anticipating a wonderful time.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Right now I'm wearing Romance by RL...but I really like Ralph(Cool)...but I gotta use this one up...

Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 AM

342 posts, read 438,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
What a coincidence! Last weekend I was at Ulta and passed by this fragrance. I've seen it for years, but never paid any attention to it because I didn't like the bottle.

I sprayed some on and at first was a bit unimpressed. But within half an hour the scent changed and it was wonderful. Very floral and powdery.

It brought me back to when I was growing up and the women in my house were preparing to go out somewhere special. There would a marvelous smell in the air of fine dusting powder and perfume. We would all be so happy and excited, trying to look and smell our best, and anticipating a wonderful time.
Classique is quite different...Not for everyone. Many women hate it. Men find that perfume very sexy...

Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,093,411 times
Been using Lanvin Eclat d Arpege for months now. Love the subtle scent. I can wear it even in hot days.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:17 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,440,379 times
Although I've accumulated many popular colognes over the years, now I usually use Body Fantasies Clean Lavender Vanilla
because it doesn't seem to bother sensitive noses anywhere..Drs. office, dentist's, stores, restaurants....anyway, so far so good.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 PM

38 posts, read 43,334 times
My favorite perfume is Envy, its a spring like scent and has touch of apple, jasmine and violet. It stays for 48 hours so I like to be with its fragrance forever.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM

5,134 posts, read 4,487,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surabhi_G View Post
My favorite perfume is Envy, its a spring like scent and has touch of apple, jasmine and violet. It stays for 48 hours so I like to be with its fragrance forever.
48 hours! Do you mean despite showering or bathing?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 PM

361 posts, read 725,447 times
I like subtle scents. I can't stand any of the ones you listed in the poll, sorry!

I don;t know if I can put a name on the type I like, unfortunatley even the most subtle scent to most people will just make me sick.

I don't even spray my own perfume more than once. I just don't like odors-whether good or bad.
The one I currently use is from BVlgari, very light.

I guess I shouldn't even be participating in this thread lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty