Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM

247 posts, read 355,356 times

Advertisements

I would love to have this done. I wonder if the procedure has been improved so that there are minimal side effects. I'd love to have green or hazel eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM

25 posts, read 100,813 times
Why don't you just wear colored contacts?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogggy View Post
Why don't you just wear colored contacts?
They're not permanent.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,137,949 times
wow, thats an extreme length to go to have green eyes!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:40 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,482,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I would love to have this done. I wonder if the procedure has been improved so that there are minimal side effects. I'd love to have green or hazel eyes.
There isn't anything that is safe. There is a surgery done in some South American countries where they implant your eyes with a permanent lens to change the colour. It looks artificial and can be very detrimental to your eyes. Many people that have had it done had to get the lenses removed as they interfered with their vision and caused discomfort. Some people nearly went blind from this. There is a new lazer treatment where they lazer out the pigment in your eyes. I'm not sure of the colour result as all eyes have some pigment even if very little (as is the case for blue eyes). This also could cause long term and permanent damage to your eyes. None of these procedures are legal in USA, Europe, Australia etc because they are not safe.

Eye colour is not really important but eyesight is. To be blessed with good eyesight is a wonderful thing. Eye colour is just superficial and you might change your preference at different times in your life. You might like green or hazel eyes now but in a couple of years you might change your mind. Contact lens sounds the best bet to me as you can have different colours and it is not permanent

I don't care what colour my eyes are as long as I can see.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,480,982 times
No, I have seen what you are talking about. The end result of the surgery looks ugly and fake. Besides, I would not risk any procedures on my eyes unless I have to (like a threatening illness or something where it 100% had to be done). Like the previous poster said, "I don't care what color my eyes are as long as I can see".

I really don't understand the obsession that non-whites have with eye color. Blues and greens are not common in black people (and others), and I'm okay with it. In fact, I wish my eyes were darker. They are dark brown now, but I want them to be scary dark....O.O

Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,133,125 times
While I enjoy the option to change my eye color on a whim I use colored contacts to do so- I have violet, blue, green, and topaz.

I am already blind but that surgery sounds horrific; but then again I have had far too man surgeries that were to save my life so to me any type of elective surgery is just stupid.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 AM

95 posts, read 198,844 times
So what is your question OP?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
No, I have seen what you are talking about. The end result of the surgery looks ugly and fake. Besides, I would not risk any procedures on my eyes unless I have to (like a threatening illness or something where it 100% had to be done). Like the previous poster said, "I don't care what color my eyes are as long as I can see".

I really don't understand the obsession that non-whites have with eye color. Blues and greens are not common in black people (and others), and I'm okay with it. In fact, I wish my eyes were darker. They are dark brown now, but I want them to be scary dark....O.O

So? there are some black people who do naturally have those eye colors and it makes them unique. I want to stand out.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM

22,642 posts, read 47,805,311 times
There are other ways to stand out, that don't involve risk to your vision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty