Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,679,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Ghetto. Trashy. Low class. Can be seen on any and every episode of Jerry Springer, every episode of COPS in Atlanta and COPS in East LA. Dont do it. DO NOT DO IT.

It looks horrible and reminds one of the latina Sharpie eye brows fad.
I bet you have come across MANY women who have their eyebrows tattooed on and didn't even know it because it was done correctly and professionally. Three of the women I used to work with went and got theirs done after they found out mine were done. 5 years of working together and they never knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Are your eyebrows too sparse, or too gray, or ???

Other options are hair transplants (pricey though, $6000-$8000), Rogaine, professionally dyed (or even DIY with hair color), and there's a product that's like mascara for eyebrows (I forget what it's called).

I've heard too many stories of regret about eyebrow tatoos.
It's no different than regretting a regular tattoo. If you get it done incorrectly you're probably going to regret it. My Mother, aunt, and Grandmother (along with a few friends) have theirs done and all love it. I don't regret getting mine done at all and plan on going in for a touch-up fairly soon since it's nearly completely faded. I do know people who got their eyebrows tattooed on by regular tattoo artists and do regret it because that's NOT the way it's supposed to be done.

People need to do research before doing something like this (especially on your face!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,425,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Ghetto. Trashy. Low class. Can be seen on any and every episode of Jerry Springer, every episode of COPS in Atlanta and COPS in East LA. Dont do it. DO NOT DO IT.

It looks horrible and reminds one of the latina Sharpie eye brows fad.
My aunt who is 69 years old had them done probably about 15 years ago and recently had them worked on because they faded and looks fine with them.

Somehow, she has never really had eyebrows, and what she did have was scarce.

She does not look ghetto, trashy or low class and has never been seen on any of those shows.

Actually, if you didn't know they were tattooed, you wouldn't know she had it done. They look good, and they do not look like some freak show walking around.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,068,008 times
I've seen a couple of people who have flames tattooed for eyebrows.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,732,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I bet you have come across MANY women who have their eyebrows tattooed on and didn't even know it because it was done correctly and professionally. Three of the women I used to work with went and got theirs done after they found out mine were done. 5 years of working together and they never knew.

It's no different than regretting a regular tattoo. If you get it done incorrectly you're probably going to regret it. My Mother, aunt, and Grandmother (along with a few friends) have theirs done and all love it. I don't regret getting mine done at all and plan on going in for a touch-up fairly soon since it's nearly completely faded. I do know people who got their eyebrows tattooed on by regular tattoo artists and do regret it because that's NOT the way it's supposed to be done.

People need to do research before doing something like this (especially on your face!).

The newer methods fade faster. The eyebrow tattoo methods of now don't seem to stick in the skin as long as the older versions.

Tattooed Eyebrows

"Eyebrow tattoos, and permanent make up, is only strong and fresh looking for about 2 years and can fade completely within 7 -10 years. This also depends on the thickness of the tattoo lines."

Thin lines fade fast so I definitely would start with the finest lines possible and go light.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,705,898 times
thanks all for the comments, as I think about it, I am too nervous to do this to my face! especially if it scars weird. I have dark skin and I scar easily, so I'm thinking I won't do it. I have very sparse eyebrows that aren't bad, just want them to look fuller. I will research other methods. penciling them in just won't for me at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty