Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:51 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,422,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You can be solidly in the size chart and stuff fits terrible. Our sizing scheme is screwed up.
Yep. Most women, regardless of size, have had issues with pants that are too small in the hip and too big in the waist. Busty women have a hard time with shirts that fit. Tall women have problems with finding pants that are long enough. Short women have sleeves that are all too long. Two pairs of jeans from the same brand in the same size will fit completely different. Unless they've got a personal tailor, everyone's got a problem with clothes off the rack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,465,136 times
I wear different sizes in every place I shop. And some cuts fit well, while others do not.

But yeah I also need to loose more weight. Its like I've lost it all from everywhere but the midsection. I'm 2 sizes smaller in the arms and legs than I am at the hips. Which is why I don't complain about the way clothes fit, I complain about the rate at which I am losing weight.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I wear different sizes in every place I shop. And some cuts fit well, while others do not.

But yeah I also need to loose more weight. Its like I've lost it all from everywhere but the midsection. I'm 2 sizes smaller in the arms and legs than I am at the hips. Which is why I don't complain about the way clothes fit, I complain about the rate at which I am losing weight.
You need to find a brand with a different shaped fit model.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,465,136 times
I'm determined not to buy new clothes for another 17.4 pounds or 2 more pants sizes, whichever comes first (once I blast past this freaking plateau). Then I will start shopping around for a good fit. I loved fashion bugs different sizes, now the only store we have around is Walmart.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,038,731 times
Try to stay out of these types of conversations.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,790,250 times
Start hanging out with your guy co-workers.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
You should have tastefully brought up maybe shopping in the maternity section
I do shop in the maternity section, actually...and I recommend it to other busty and tall ladies I meet. The shirts are longer because of extra fabric needed for the belly and they are far more forgiving in the bust area.

I use to buy maternity button up shirts and take them in at the waist to fit better.

As for sizing, if you're not completely average in every single way, it can be impossible to find clothing that fits right. It doesn't matter if you're thin, tall, short, fat or anything in between.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM

25,967 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Do they still have maternity clothes that don't reveal "the baby bump"? You got to wonder why she wore it to work or bought it in the first place if it didn't fit the right way. Probably just wanting to draw attention to herself and wanting "Oh, no, you look great in that." Some people thrive on the approval of others.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,561,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I was sitting at a table with my coworkers and most of them were women. One gal was going on and on how how clothes don't fit her the right way.

I wanted to say............LOSE SOME WEIGHT!

That's why they don't fit. You're not the right size for the clothes that you're trying to fit into.
Didn't you post some complaints about heavy women in another thread? I think that other comment is correct: Sorry a fat girl turned you down and made you angry. Otherwise, why do you continue to gripe about a type of body you don't care for? Get over it.

And, by the way, you have no idea about what "fit" means in relation to women's clothes. Read the other posts and learn something if you're going to continue to opine on the issue.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
The one thing I've learned from watching life and What Not To Wear is that women often blame clothing fit on themselves.

It's not. It's really really not. I've seen teeny tiny size 2 juniors with not an ounce of fat on them complain about it, along with women of size.

It's not her, it's the clothes. Throw sizes out the window. It's a number and the way the manufacturers use it -- it's really just their number and with some manufacturers they aren't consistent within their clothing lines. I've tried on bras all marked the same size and some were way too loose and some were way too tight.... and that's cheap manufacturing for you. And these aren't cheap clothing stores -- just cheap manufacturing.

The best fitting jeans I have are "petite", which is a nice way of saying short.... and I am 5'5" -- about two inches taller than petites are supposed to fit. And I still had to hem them.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty