Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,838,290 times

Advertisements

I like the natural look. I think Clinique has nice makeup.
OP since you don't wear it often could you go to a department counter and they will put some on for you and explain what you are looking for? I did that when I started to wear Clinique. On a side note up till your friend made the comment how did you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,058,659 times
This really turned into a "hot topic", apparently I have decided to start with a tint moisturizer, and if it isn't enough a compact powder foundation. Mascara and a light moisturizing lipstick. I haven't gotten it yet, but it will be Origins. I really like their facial products and have used them since they came on the market. It also works for me. Many years ago, I did use over the counter to Clinique & Lancome. I wear contacts so I need a mascara that is contact-friendly. I thought about eye shadow but my eye water from time to time and I rub my eyes, so it may not work. I just want simple and to give myself a bright but light look.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
I love make-up!! Give me make-up, hair products, love it all.

I range from no make-up to full on smokey-eyed glamour. Depends on mood and occasion.

You do not have to do anything you do not want to do. But make-up has improved a lot in 30 years. If you like, go to Sephora, tell the girls what you want (animal free, light coverage, a subtle lipstick, whatever) and send them off to get if for you. Then have them make up right there to see if you like it.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I love make-up!! Give me make-up, hair products, love it all.

I range from no make-up to full on smokey-eyed glamour. Depends on mood and occasion.

You do not have to do anything you do not want to do. But make-up has improved a lot in 30 years. If you like, go to Sephora, tell the girls what you want (animal free, light coverage, a subtle lipstick, whatever) and send them off to get if for you. Then have them make up right there to see if you like it.
Yes, your correct about the improvement of makeup in 30 years~! I learned this past week when I went to the mall department store how makeup has changed. They told me how makeup stays on longer now and there are numerous of product lines that are animal free. That is what the MAC counter lady told me. I don't want to wear MAC but was interested in finding out info of their products.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 AM

22,403 posts, read 29,522,524 times
MAC only women here. I wear make up maybe 3 times a week. If I feel like looking attractive going out during day or going out at night..

My collection you would think I wear it constant. Most of its brand new just sitting there including many limited edition eye shadow sets. I have a problem and should seek help, lol

Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM

747 posts, read 1,684,942 times
I wore makeup all my life from the time I was a teen up until last year. I stopped wearing makeup and now do the natural thing after finding out that makeup is loaded with chemicals and what those chemicals do. When I was wearing makeup I only bought mid to high end makeup. I used all the brands carried at Sephora and i used Chanel and MAC as well. Depending on the day sometime I'd do my makeup lightly, sometimes more heavy, just depended on the look I wanted.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,383,843 times
During the week, I wear makeup to work: Mac foundation, Smashbox eyeshadow and blush, Mally liner, IT eyebrow pencil, Dalton lipstick, and Cover Girl mascara.

Come the weekend, I rarely wear any makeup unless I am going somewhere special.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 26,863 times
I'm male and wear Mac cosmetics, Chanel mascara.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM

I was at Kroger's (grocery) tonight and looked in the cosmetics. They have a nice selection, and I think I have worn Almay at one time in my life. I forgot my closeup glasses, so I couldn't find if any of the brands had a tint moisturizer.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM

101 posts, read 250,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepink View Post
I'm male and wear Mac cosmetics, Chanel mascara.
What for?

I hear MAC lipstick is really good.

I like Chanel, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Shiseido.

My everyday lipstick is Shiseido and Revlon. I only wear red and/or fuchsia nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty