Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,308,970 times

Advertisements

LOL.

I guess I'm not that exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,482 times
My toenails are painted a deep blue color

I dated a guy who had a fetish for toenails painted in blue. He asked if he could 'play' with my feet. I told him to go for it if he wanted to get kicked in the face; my feet are ticklish.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
I tend to prefer brighter colors only on my toes, but on my fingers right now, I have gunmetal grey, kind of a pewter (except the ring finger of each hand, which is metallic lavender).

I think that nontraditional nail color looks best on the fingers if the nails are trimmed short and rounded. Super vivid nail color on very long nails looks a little trashy to me.

I've been wearing nontraditional nailcolor since at least the mid-nineties (I remember having silver polish in college), so it's not a Jersey Shore-inspired thing.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,434,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
To each his own, but I don't like crazy colors on my nails. I like shades of pink, red, and violet.

Maybe they look better on white people.
I think oranges and yellows look fantastic on darker-skinned women. Few white ladies can pull them off with aplomb.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM

41,990 posts, read 75,271,349 times
I don't wear any color on my fingers; I type for a living. A good buffing is all they get.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
To each his own, but I don't like crazy colors on my nails. I like shades of pink, red, and violet.

Maybe they look better on white people.
I think this is true. I add orange to this list.

I did go crazy this week, and I did a super dark purple burgundy.

I am tempted to try our a jewel toned blue or green, but I keep chickening out!

I can't handle weird colors on my hands at all. I am more experimental with my toes.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I tend to prefer brighter colors only on my toes, but on my fingers right now, I have gunmetal grey, kind of a pewter (except the ring finger of each hand, which is metallic lavender).

I think that nontraditional nail color looks best on the fingers if the nails are trimmed short and rounded. Super vivid nail color on very long nails looks a little trashy to me.

I've been wearing nontraditional nailcolor since at least the mid-nineties (I remember having silver polish in college), so it's not a Jersey Shore-inspired thing.
Exactly, same goes for really dark colors too.

I'm currently rocking Nein Nein Okay Fine from the OPI Germany collection which is a dark, almost charcoal gray - and it is gorgeous on!

I don't think you have to limit yourself with nail polish - nails from what I've read are one of the TOP fashion accessories of the fall season.

And - I'm not from the Jersey Shore and I'm not a most definitely not teenager

Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,787,171 times
I don't think any solid colored nail polish can be described as crazy. Wearing bright green nail polish is like wearing a bright green bracelet; it's a small touch, easily removed, that doesn't make much of a difference to your overall look. Meh.

I think toenails are ugly, so mine are always painted. Barbie pink is my favorite, but I don't discriminate against any shade of the rainbow.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
I don't think solid colors, even nontraditional ones, look crazy on nails...I think other "nail art" can...jewels/nail jewelry, patterns, etc.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

About 1972 my favorite outfit was a light blue cotton top and light blue denium maxi-skirt (ha, just saying "maxi-skirt" dates me). I wore light blue polish on my fingernails and toenails to match that outfit.

When he was in high school and college my straight son always wore a bright red or other bright color polish on his toenails every summer. It was pretty common among the other football players (HS) and rugby players (college). It was sort of sad when he "grew out of it" at about age 22 or 23.

BTW, TabulaRasa, You always give such great advice and write wonderful responses so I just assumed that you were older than someone who went to college in the 1990s. It is funny the way that we picture people in our minds just by reading their posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty