Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly. And club dress I suppose = skanky dress?

Is it really necessary for girls to show ass, legs, crotch, and boobs, when going to a club?
It is actually for the benefit of the rest of us. If a guy is just finishing up talking to one of those girls, you know you can brush off his advances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,838,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
but it CAN buy you a$$....sorry lame rhyme
True dat, lol...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,400,524 times
Since I was about 25 (becoming a real adult), I was always on the lookout for the classy types because the others are just. so. dumb. and they're proud of it. If my gf and I ever split up, I'd be accepting nothing less than an actual woman... not just a teenage girl trapped in a woman's body

Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,920,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Being a skanky hoe is all the rage these days. Good god, just look at programs on TV to see fine examples of younger and older women demeaning themselves by dressing like hookers, their fake **** hanging out of their far too short and too low cut dresses, make up plastered on, their foul mouths running...it makes me ashamed to be a woman. This is what we have again come to, the sum of our breasts and butts.
So you are ashamed to be a woman but you also claim in your status to be a feminist? Interesting. You can't be a feminist if you are ashamed to be a woman because a few women choose to behave like sluts publicly. I bet you don't have any female friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've seen so many trashy/skanky women all over the place lately. I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and her cousin showed up looking like a stripper. A skin tight dress so short it barely covered the bottom of her butt. She was walking around all night trying to keep it pulled down. Add to this ensemble six inch heels and dyed blonde hair and about 5 pounds of makeup. Gross. Guys, do you really find this attractive? I understand being sexy...show some cleavage, sure fine, but do half of her boobs really need to be hanging out of a woman's dress or shirt? I think subtle cleavage would be way more sexy than giving it all away like that. Being classy has nothing to do with money or even how attractive you are, but no one seems to know the meaning anymore. Dressing for your body type and dressing in a way that's appropriate for the occasion seems to be a lost art.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Thoughts?
So you see one skanky looking woman at a party and now your panties are in a bunch. Most blondes are dyed blondes anyways. So you have figured out that no one knows the meaning of classy anymore except you . I think you are insulting women. It's summer time and yes I see some young women out in revealing outfits such as camisoles and booty shorts but that is them that is not everyone. I'm so tired of unenlightened women bringing each other down instead of helping each other up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Since I was about 25 (becoming a real adult), I was always on the lookout for the classy types because the others are just. so. dumb. and they're proud of it. If my gf and I ever split up, I'd be accepting nothing less than an actual woman... not just a teenage girl trapped in a woman's body

See this thread just opened up a can of worms for misogynists of both sexes to harp on those slutty women. Maybe it took you until you turned 25 to become an adult but most women mature faster than men and I know many that I would consider adults much earlier than that.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times
Even in my old comfortable jammies, no makeup and 1/2 done bed head ponytail I am more classy than some of the gals and guys I see out and about. I've never been one to desire belonging to a nudist colony or wearing skimpy, barely covering my shoulder let alone covering anything else clothing. A wee bit on the conservatively provocative side for me.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:37 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,791,186 times
I don't think classy women judge others by their appearance...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,400,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
See this thread just opened up a can of worms for misogynists of both sexes to harp on those slutty women.
Excuse me, where did I use the word "slutty" or say anything to suggest I'm a misogynist? I would suggest that women hold men to the exact same standards I hold women to.

Quote:
Maybe it took you until you turned 25 to become an adult but most women mature faster than men and I know many that I would consider adults much earlier than that.
I see. You think I'm alone in saying an 18-year old (of either sex) isn't really an adult. Let me post that link again...

Emerging adulthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,971 times
Quote:
So you are ashamed to be a woman but you also claim in your status to be a feminist? Interesting. You can't be a feminist if you are ashamed to be a woman because a few women choose to behave like sluts publicly. I bet you don't have any female friends.
I have plenty of female friends. I just don't befriend trashy types. I fail to see any connection between being a feminist and despising skanks

Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,411,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I have plenty of female friends. I just don't befriend trashy types. I fail to see any connection between being a feminist and despising skanks
Please add: DON'T go to Burning Man! There will be NO classy women there.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,416,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've seen so many trashy/skanky women all over the place lately. I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and her cousin showed up looking like a stripper. A skin tight dress so short it barely covered the bottom of her butt. She was walking around all night trying to keep it pulled down. Add to this ensemble six inch heels and dyed blonde hair and about 5 pounds of makeup. Gross. Guys, do you really find this attractive? I understand being sexy...show some cleavage, sure fine, but do half of her boobs really need to be hanging out of a woman's dress or shirt? I think subtle cleavage would be way more sexy than giving it all away like that. Being classy has nothing to do with money or even how attractive you are, but no one seems to know the meaning anymore. Dressing for your body type and dressing in a way that's appropriate for the occasion seems to be a lost art.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Thoughts?
Six inch heels and 5 pounds of makeup have served me well. (I also dye my hair...just not blonde, well not anymore. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty