Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

133 posts, read 534,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
You'll get used to it. I got contact almost 10 years ago and the first month I was a disaster--couldn't get them in or out. (Once one went behind my eye and I had to go to the eye doc to get it removed!! But a trick to cure that is, if a lense is stuck behind your eye, put in another the right way and with in 20 minutes it forcs the other one out.).
Hope you didn't get charged for that visit to the optometrist, because you went for nothing... Contacts cannot get stuck behind the eye. All they can do is get a little lodged under your eyelid. Put a few drops of solution or soft contact lens safe lubricating drops into your eyes, gently rub your eyelids, look around with eyes closed, and relax... it'll slip back down to its regular position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,833 times
Default suction cups?

i really think that i need one of these, i've only had them for a couple of days and i honestly cannot get these contacts out!
can i still use them even if i have soft contact lenses?

and where would i get one of these other than my eye doctor?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,019,040 times
Yes! I wear my glasses till the last possible minute and then I have a magnified mirror 12X that I look into. For a short time I even got colored lenses so I could see them because I was having so much trouble! Now I have switched to dailys and am having success.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 AM

378 posts, read 1,654,576 times
I also use a magnifying mirror. Without it I probably couldn't get my contacts in.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,347,482 times
I wore them for years, then developed an allergy to solution, so I had to clean them with Peroxide... a big pain. Anyway, then I got PRK surgery and now I have perfect vision! YAY!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:35 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,010,056 times
I've worn contacts for 12 years now. I usually only wear my glasses on my days off work to give my eyes a break from the contacts.

I wear the daily wear instead of the disposable. My eye insurance covers 2 pairs a year and since they last 8-12 months I usually have a back-up pair in case I rip one.

It took a few days before I could take them in and out like a pro

Of course I haven't worn my contacts since June 29th, because I haven't been at work and am on drugs that make me tired so there is no point in wearing contacts if I have to keep taking them out to take my naps when the Darvocet kicks in.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,450,046 times
I have worn contacts for about 28 years now and wear them from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I don't even have a pair of glasses (other than reading glasses). I love 'em.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,994 times
I've very sensitive eyes so I couldn't let an assistant put the lenses in for me and I had to try and try to get them in and out. I've been using lenses for 3 years now, wearing glasses according to my mood for 3 1/2 years and I'm still not able to put them in and take them out without a mirror.

Sometimes I have such big problems and feel that they are in my eyes that I have to take them out again and put glasses on.

But they are definitely worth the work and testing especially when you're doing some kinda sports.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,186,110 times
I love my contacts. I wear the Focus Night & Day - and it feels so wonderful to not have to take them off every night. Of course, I clean them once a week or so - but my eyes will tell me when they need to be cleaned.

After finding a method of putting them on that worked for me, I've no problem pulling them out and putting them on.

I'm just too lazy to wake up extra early to try and sleepily put in contacts...

Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,524 posts, read 6,337,572 times
I used to wear contacts but I stopped after I retired. Im one of the lucky people. As I get older my eyes are getting better. I only need them now for distance.

Boy did I have a hard time when I first started wearing them. One of the things I did to make it easier was place a mirror flat on the table and lean over the mirror. You can put your nose right on the mirror if you need to. No problems with droppage cause it just falls on the mirror.

All it took was falling asleep once with the daily ones and having them glued to my eyeballs to convince me to go to extended wear. I removed my extended wears every night cause I get a lot of build up and I dont think its good to leave them in . The nice thing about wearing extended wear for dailies is IF you fall asleep its no biggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty