Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times

Advertisements

I would just wax it all off if its heavy. That peach fuzz is really easy to rip out. I wouldn't shave it though just in case the hair being fine creates ingrown hairs or comes back with a stubble look.

One thing that can make fuzz look heavier with age is your skin being dry. The skin retracts back from the normal level and shows more of the hair shaft. Try some different facial lotions to see if that helps before you wax. My mother usually uses olay (i can't) but it doesn't work as well unless she puts a thin layer of olive oil under it. She tried that when I had her doing olive oil eye makeup removal experiments and discovered it hydrated her cheeks better. Less crepey in the hollows and the fuzz got buried a bit. I guess hers was also worse when she was going through meno which she thinks was also messing with her thyroid (has a history of that). She said she trimmed it with an eyebrow trimmer. I never noticed it looking strange so maybe eyebrow trimmers could be an option for removal too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,227 times
lol, what? I don't remove anything

Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
I wax my eyebrows every couple of months. I don't have that many, but they can look a little messy when they grow all the way in. I also wax or thread my upper lip every month or so. I don't have a ton of hair there, but it gets to be a little noticeable at some point when it grows in.

Then I have a few strays. I have one recurring hair on my cheek. And some on my chin. The chin ones are really annoying. Curly and course, so much harder to pluck. I just tweeze them when I find it. If I don't it bothers me to no end. Some are even grey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty