Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,970,666 times

Advertisements

Men wear Crocs when washing the car, out on the boat, on vacation. I have yet to see a man in a tux attending a formal function in Crocs.

Crocs have evolved - my youngest son has a suede pair w/smooth leather trim. You can't be sure if they're Crocs or not.

I don't see the big deal. Crocs are no worse than those FM heels with inch and a half platform soles and turned up toes that the gals are wearing. They (the Crocs) are at times the right shoe for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 PM

17,414 posts, read 22,161,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningferron View Post
Hey guys, dont even know if this question belongs here but what do you women think of guys wearing crocs? Just got some as a gift.

donate them to goodwill and take the tax write-off!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:50 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,482,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Now, quit all this whining about Croc's not being a fashion shoe 'cause they ain't and never will be!!!!!
Actually they WERE a fashion, and it was a HUGE fashion for a while. How did you miss all that?

Otherwise, if it were not for that old fashion trend, the only people wearing them today would be the gardeners and chefs and medical personnel who were the original customers, for their functional attributes of being easy to slip in and out of and being safe and comfortable to wear in wet environments over long work sessions. They didn't care how quirky or funky or weird they seemed to others, they were practical footware for extreme conditions.

So, Crocs were envisioned as specialty footware. Then they became hip and fashionable, and the number of people wearing them ballooned. They became very mainstream for a while. Then, like everything fashionable they went back out of fashion, and the number of people wearing them in public dropped precipitously. The company had overexpanded and had to file bankruptcy. So far they've barely managed to hang on, and despite becoming such a symbol of un-hipness a few people still wear them, so the natural question becomes... WTH?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,854,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Actually they WERE a fashion, and it was a HUGE fashion for a while.
LOL I'd actually forgotten about Crocs! I don't think I've seen anyone wearing a pair in a couple years or so. They're yesterday's news, at least around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty