Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM

979 posts, read 3,829,383 times

Advertisements

I really like Voluminous myself. It keeps my lashes nice and thick all day but they tend to lose their curl. Anysuggestions for a product from a reg store? What about that crazy colored bottle from maybelline? I think it is?? It's a pink and green bottle. I keep seeing that in all the magazines. Note to everyone don't ever try Versace mascara. It's awful. Actually all versace makeup is pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 06:24 PM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
To me, mascara is mascara. Ive learned that the cheap NYC brands flake but most of the 'generic' brands otherwise work fine. All I need is to magnify what I do have, since theyre so fine and thin.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
I'm so glad you all are posting this. I'm in search of a mascara.
I used to use Almay one coat but it's changed and isnt the same as it used to be. Now I'm using something in a green tube. I'll try Lancome.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm so glad you all are posting this. I'm in search of a mascara.
I used to use Almay one coat but it's changed and isnt the same as it used to be. Now I'm using something in a green tube. I'll try Lancome.
Hi-check out the link I posted on the first page, Lancome Definicils is fantastic!!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:14 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,808 times
You ladies do know of course that Lancome is owned by the Loreal Group. If you love Lancome but think it is too expensive, try Loreal brand(since the same company makes both products) and see if they aren't very similar or possibly the same.

L'Oréal - Lancôme

I, myself, love Loreal Voluminous, Loreal Lash Out, and Loreal Double Extend Lash Extender. All three are awesome stuff. I have short, thin lashes and these do the trick. Voluminous and Lash Out also come in water proof styles, not sure about Double Extend. Lash Out costs about $7-$8, Voluminous $7-$8, and Double Extend $9-$10. Not bad and Waaaayyy cheaper than others, especially when they highly suggest that you only keep and use you mascara for no more than three months.

Char

Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
You ladies do know of course that Lancome is owned by the Loreal Group. If you love Lancome but think it is too expensive, try Loreal brand(since the same company makes both products) and see if they aren't very similar or possibly the same.

L'Oréal - Lancôme

I, myself, love Loreal Voluminous, Loreal Lash Out, and Loreal Double Extend Lash Extender. All three are awesome stuff. I have short, thin lashes and these do the trick. Voluminous and Lash Out also come in water proof styles, not sure about Double Extend. Lash Out costs about $7-$8, Voluminous $7-$8, and Double Extend $9-$10. Not bad and Waaaayyy cheaper than others, especially when they highly suggest that you only keep and use you mascara for no more than three months.

Char
I used to use Voluminous before I tried Definicils, but unfortunately there's just no comparison! If you can afford, it's totally worth a few extra bucks.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
I really like Voluminous myself. It keeps my lashes nice and thick all day but they tend to lose their curl. Anysuggestions for a product from a reg store? What about that crazy colored bottle from maybelline? I think it is?? It's a pink and green bottle. I keep seeing that in all the magazines. Note to everyone don't ever try Versace mascara. It's awful. Actually all versace makeup is pretty bad.
As for drugstore brands, I like Sky high curves (for keeping curl in) by Maybelline. I preferred the Maybelline Wonder Curl but they discontinued it. I still have some that I got off of e-bay. I use it first after curling the lashes, then after they dry, I use another coat of something thicker like Diorshow or Voluminous or now Lancome definicils (picked some up yesterday after this thread)

Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
I used to think Estee Lauder More Than Mascara was the best till I tried Lancome Flextencils, I love it, but I don like the Definicils. Ok, does everyone throw out your mascara after three months like you're supposed to? I do.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I used to think Estee Lauder More Than Mascara was the best till I tried Lancome Flextencils, I love it, but I don like the Definicils. Ok, does everyone throw out your mascara after three months like you're supposed to? I do.
What was the difference did you feel in the Flextencils and the Definicils?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
What was the difference did you feel in the Flextencils and the Definicils?
The Flextencils made my lashes look a lot longer and thicker. I've tried cheaper stuff like Loreal that is better than the Definicils, at least to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty