Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
and Marc by Marc Jacobs...these have a 4.5" heel w/ a platform!!

I love the actual shoe on the Marc pair, but do you know they come with those horrid tights leg warmer sock things attached???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I LOVE Rene Caovilla! If only I could fit into them! (My husband is soooo lucky I'm a size 12!!!)

http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/1463/infinite/www.saksfifthavenue.com/media/images/products/detail/D0441922521837_v1_m56577569831120214.jpg (broken link)
http://www.renecaovilla-usa.com/pictures/250-1.jpg (broken link)
http://www.renecaovilla-usa.com/pictures/22-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
TheImportersWife....WOW, wow, wow....I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE those shoes!!!!
They look so awesome, and they are right up my alley! LOL
Never heard of the designer though....newbie?
Give me stats on the designer...if you don't mind.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I LOVE Rene Caovilla! If only I could fit into them! (My husband is soooo lucky I'm a size 12!!!)

http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/1463/infinite/www.saksfifthavenue.com/media/images/products/detail/D0441922521837_v1_m56577569831120214.jpg (broken link)
http://www.renecaovilla-usa.com/pictures/250-1.jpg (broken link)
http://www.renecaovilla-usa.com/pictures/22-1.jpg (broken link)

I also love this designer. I love jewelled strappy sandals. I haven't bought any of the items yet but I will I know what you mean about having large feet. I do as well. You can find size 12 although it is not common. I have a pair of really cute Jimmy Choo strappy thonged jewelled flats that are a 42 1/2 which is a 12. I also have a pair of Christian Louboutins that are a 12. I typically wear a 41 but they were out of the size and I had to have them. Needless to say I do a lot of slipping & sliding in them but they are just too cute!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I also love this designer. I love jewelled strappy sandals. I haven't bought any of the items yet but I will I know what you mean about having large feet. I do as well. You can find size 12 although it is not common. I have a pair of really cute Jimmy Choo strappy thonged jewelled flats that are a 42 1/2 which is a 12. I also have a pair of Christian Louboutins that are a 12. I typically wear a 41 but they were out of the size and I had to have them. Needless to say I do a lot of slipping & sliding in them but they are just too cute!
Even though they sell 42s, they all tend to run a size or two small. I had a pair of Blahniks, but they became a chew toy for one of my dogs. (Not that it mattered b/c they didn't really fit.) I know that Blahnik will do do special orders for 42.5 (more of a true 12), but for more $$$.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Never heard of the designer though....newbie?
Give me stats on the designer...if you don't mind.
He's been around for a while (since the 50s), just designing for other fashion houses starting with Valentino, then Dior and then Chanel. He only recently opened boutiques here in the US.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Even though they sell 42s, they all tend to run a size or two small. I had a pair of Blahniks, but they became a chew toy for one of my dogs. (Not that it mattered b/c they didn't really fit.) I know that Blahnik will do do special orders for 42.5 (more of a true 12), but for more $$$.
I understand what you mean about European designers shoes running small. When I used to buy american shoes I was roughly a 9 1/2 to a 10I wear a 41 European which is 11. I hate that the run small. 41 are sometimes hard to find too but I couldn't live without them. I'm a shoe addict. I figure i may need to wear a 42 once I get pregnant thanks for the heads up of them costing extra. I'll start saving.

I hear ya about your pooch. My girl yorkie loves the tast of leather. She has chewed up my Husbands Armani shoes, His Gucci belt,my burberry shoes, Her Juicy Couture purse, my other yorkies Juicy purse, the strap of my Luella, one of my Coach bagss, she mad a small mark on my prada bowling bag & she has even tried to chew my LV handle as well as other Jimmy Choos and Manolos. I hate it. She got the Coach bag pretty bad. The teeth marks are very noticable. She also got the Juicy Couture something awful but I rationalize it as them being purses that the dog's go in which means they have don a lot worse to those purse
Even though the dog has put her mark on some of my items I still wear them In fact they are still wearable. Most of the damage is minimal because she's only about 6 libs. I'm thankful that she isn't a big dog with these issues. I wouldn't know what to do.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I understand what you mean about European designers shoes running small. When I used to buy american shoes I was roughly a 9 1/2 to a 10I wear a 41 European which is 11. I hate that the run small. 41 are sometimes hard to find too but I couldn't live without them. I'm a shoe addict. I figure i may need to wear a 42 once I get pregnant thanks for the heads up of them costing extra. I'll start saving.

I hear ya about your pooch. My girl yorkie loves the tast of leather. She has chewed up my Husbands Armani shoes, His Gucci belt,my burberry shoes, Her Juicy Couture purse, my other yorkies Juicy purse, the strap of my Luella, one of my Coach bagss, she mad a small mark on my prada bowling bag & she has even tried to chew my LV handle as well as other Jimmy Choos and Manolos. I hate it. She got the Coach bag pretty bad. The teeth marks are very noticable. She also got the Juicy Couture something awful but I rationalize it as them being purses that the dog's go in which means they have don a lot worse to those purse
Even though the dog has put her mark on some of my items I still wear them In fact they are still wearable. Most of the damage is minimal because she's only about 6 libs. I'm thankful that she isn't a big dog with these issues. I wouldn't know what to do.

42s do not cost extra. It's just that not all designers make them and if they do, they're hard to find because they sell out fast. Blahnik will custom make you a 42.5 for an added fee.

And your feet don't necessarily get bigger after pregnancy. Mine didn't, although I know it can happen.

Ohh, and my one dog only chewed my shoes once (technically it was only one shoe out of the pair.) She was a puppy, so I let it slide, but I made sure it never happened again (for her safety and my sanity. )

Old 10-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
42s do not cost extra. It's just that not all designers make them and if they do, they're hard to find because they sell out fast. Blahnik will custom make you a 42.5 for an added fee.

And your feet don't necessarily get bigger after pregnancy. Mine didn't, although I know it can happen.

Ohh, and my one dog only chewed my shoes once (technically it was only one shoe out of the pair.) She was a puppy, so I let it slide, but I made sure it never happened again (for her safety and my sanity. )
Teach me that trick so that I can teach it to my dog! She did more doesn't chew as much as she did as a puppy but it is still a problem for her. She seems to do it now more when she is fustrated.I just keep everything out of her way now.I know what you mean about the those selling out fast because 41's do too. I hate that! I want all of the big footed ladies to leave the shoes for me!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM

My Caovilla "inspired" shoes :
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7df29b3127cce814f69b0c69300000045108CYsW7RmxaI (broken link)http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7df29b3127cce814f6ed2075a00000055108CYsW7RmxaI (broken link)

(The straps sit above the ankle, but I was taking photos of my recent shoe purchases at the time, so I just quickly slid them on.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty