Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
They're a new professional product that's why the website is weird, you need a pro license to buy from them. CosmoProf is a pro store as well. But you can find the lacquers at some beauty supply stores, or on Amazon. As for the chipping, Venique is unique, in that it is a silicone based polish so it's more flexible which actually helps to prevent chipping. I've been using it professionally for a few months now and haven't noticed any chipping. My pedi's last from 4-6 weeks and mani's about 7-10 days. The biggest key factor in long wearing polish is nail bed preparation. You need something called a PH balancer..."Bond-Aid" by OPI is the best one I've used, it's about $8 on Amazon...it will neutralize the nail for maximum adhesion (I could get really clinical with the explanation...but will spare you). You will also need a good base coat like "Stickey" by CND, and a good quality top coat. "Out The Door" and "Seche Vite" top coats are what I use on my clients.

If you decide to pick these prods up and need my help on how to specifically use them please feel free to pm me, and I will walk you through the steps, ok.
Thanks for the info, sweetie! I didn't know you were a pro. I always do base coat, 2 coats, and top coat, and with a decent polish that lasts 2 weeks, perhaps with an additional coat in between to cover the growth and only the growth, no darn chipping! Any polish that doesn't last that long is a no-go in my book.

As far as base/top coats, I'm pretty happy with Sally Hansen and have no burning desire to search for others, but with names in hand, I might take a look at some different ones.

How can your pedi last 4-6 weeks...? I mean, the polish may last, but don't your nails grow...?

Quote:
Disclaimer: Now if you are extremely hard on your nails or have them in water a lot your polish may not last quite as long as it should with these products.
Not at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
You will also need a good base coat like "Stickey" by CND
I was at Ulta today and didn't have my notes with me, but since this name is quite unusual, I noticed it and bought it. The thing is pretty green... Does it dry out to clear? Doesn't it affect the color of the polish...?

I also bought OPI DS Classic. I like some shimmer, as long as it's not crazy.

OPI DS Classic «

I didn't know of this one. I hope it'll be good because last year I had DS Glow and was absolutely impressed by it! That polish didn't budge through 2 weeks roughing it in the sand on a beach vacation! In fact, when I came back, I was too tired to bother with nails, put another coat on, and it made it through another week!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thanks for the info, sweetie! I didn't know you were a pro. I always do base coat, 2 coats, and top coat, and with a decent polish that lasts 2 weeks, perhaps with an additional coat in between to cover the growth and only the growth, no darn chipping! Any polish that doesn't last that long is a no-go in my book.

As far as base/top coats, I'm pretty happy with Sally Hansen and have no burning desire to search for others, but with names in hand, I might take a look at some different ones.

How can your pedi last 4-6 weeks...? I mean, the polish may last, but don't your nails grow...?

Not at all.
Very welcome. Yes, I am a pro...lol. That sounds kinda funny...lol. Oh good, I'm glad to hear your polish is lasting that long. Great job !

Right, what I mean when I say my "pedi's last 4-6 wks." is I'm referring mainly to the polish...it doesn't flake, chip or lift. Oh yeah, there is def regrowth of the nail...but the polish is perfect. :-)

Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am a pro...lol. That sounds kinda funny...lol.
Now, now... that's the fashion forum!

Hey, Tkd, I asked you something else above. Maybe you didn't see it as I had 2 posts in a row.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I was at Ulta today and didn't have my notes with me, but since this name is quite unusual, I noticed it and bought it. The thing is pretty green... Does it dry out to clear? Doesn't it affect the color of the polish...?

I also bought OPI DS Classic. I like some shimmer, as long as it's not crazy.

OPI DS Classic «

I didn't know of this one. I hope it'll be good because last year I had DS Glow and was absolutely impressed by it! That polish didn't budge through 2 weeks roughing it in the sand on a beach vacation! In fact, when I came back, I was too tired to bother with nails, put another coat on, and it made it through another week!

Lol, yeah, it is really green. It WILL NOT affect the color of your polish...when it's dry it remains tacky...but the greenish tone will go away.

You'll love the Classic, it's stunning. Hey, the more glitter the better for me...I like crazy...lol. My DS faves are the Radiance, Bold, Classic and Glow. As a polish snob I have been loyal to OPI since it's birth back in the 80's. I recently started branching out a little, though, to other pro brands. Which is why I'm using Venique. But OPI has more extensive color collections, the pigmentation is unbeatable, they have the Nicole line, and they have the Axxium (gel colors). Hate, hate, hate the Shatters, though...ugh !

Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Hey, Tkd, I asked you something else above. Maybe you didn't see it as I had 2 posts in a row.

Sorry, I didn't see it at first...I just replied to it.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:

LOL ! I missed it cause I was over in the Political forum...I think I need to spend more time here...and stay away from politics.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Lol, yeah, it is really green. It WILL NOT affect the color of your polish...when it's dry it remains tacky...but the greenish tone will go away.
Tacky...? And when does the tackiness go away...?

Quote:
You'll love the Classic, it's stunning. Hey, the more glitter the better for me...I like crazy...lol. My DS faves are the Radiance, Bold, Classic and Glow. As a polish snob I have been loyal to OPI since it's birth back in the 80's. I recently started branching out a little, though, to other pro brands. Which is why I'm using Venique. But OPI has more extensive color collections, the pigmentation is unbeatable, they have the Nicole line, and they have the Axxium (gel colors). Hate, hate, hate the Shatters, though...ugh !
I had some bad experience with OPI in the distant past and I don't even remember what it was about, but I stayed away from it for many years. Recently it's been growing on me, though.

I just put one coat of DS Classic over another polish, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet as I can't see it in daylight and even though the one underneath is a similar color, it's not the same as having it on on its own. The other one is another casualty in the never-ending (it seems) search of a nice neutral color. It's CND Iced Cappuccino. I'd tossed it aside for quite some time, but it appeared to be alright and I decided to give it another go. It's not too bad, but I'm just not into metalics...

Quote:
LOL ! I missed it cause I was over in the Political forum...I think I need to spend more time here...and stay away from politics.
You a masochist or something...?!

I'm ashamed to admit I did post there for a few months, but that was loooong time ago. I like to think I'm wiser since!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,250 times
essie

Old 03-27-2012, 04:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
I purchased ButterLondon, 'YummyMummy' (god I hate that term) today, the neutrals look pretty good...

Neutral Nail Polish

they're chemical free, so apparently don't last as long
(and just noted online its $14. I paid $20 in the store)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty