Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times

Advertisements

Men's underwear leaves the Stone Age - Fortune Features

well, some guys claim how being fat for a man is not really an issue aw long as they have height since women are not really that interested in a man's BMI... well, it seems that is being proven wrong now.

THIN is what women want too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
I would say that both sexes appreciate somone who is in good shape.

That said, it seems to me that men who are heavier do not have nearly the stigma attached to it as women do, and that they do not have as difficult of a time as larger women in finding dates.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
The point to that article is that baggy, non-functional underwear is uncomfortable and bulky for men. It says nothing about women's desire or what women like. Indeed it has nothing to do with women.

But FWIW, the model in the picture isn't "thin." He's healthy and built.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
I say being healthy is in. Some people think they have to be extremely thin. I've seen people who look older than what they are because they are so thin. I would rather be just average and healthy.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Did I read it right - there's a pocket for an ipod in the underwear?

I don't care how they fit, I must have them now..

Although I wouldn't wanna touch anyone elses ipod once these become big (and they will with that pocket).

Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
OP, read your underwear link...It maybe relates 1% to your thread title...While the article states "over-sized jeans sagging are out and skinny jean are in", I can assure you in the majority of U.S. skinny jeans are NOT in...If you look like brad pitt you can get away with skinny jeans, just as you can get away with virtually any other fashion no-no or comments that would get the average guy slapped...

Bottom line: Neither wearing skinny jeans or having beer a gut is giving yourself any favors...

Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Men's underwear leaves the Stone Age - Fortune Features

well, some guys claim how being fat for a man is not really an issue aw long as they have height since women are not really that interested in a man's BMI... well, it seems that is being proven wrong now.

THIN is what women want too!!!!
This is very old news. Of course, this is just one of 763 things that women not only want, but demand.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
To hell it is! I like a man with muscles or a man with some meat on his bones. A little more meat than is considered 'healthy'. I like men with a cute tushie that I can smack and a little bit of love handles to grab onto. I don't like the rail thin drug addict look and I have no idea how it ever became fashionable.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
For most men, thin isn't in for women either. I don't know many guys who like completely thin.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM

370 posts, read 1,366,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
To hell it is! I like a man with muscles or a man with some meat on his bones. A little more meat than is considered 'healthy'. I like men with a cute tushie that I can smack and a little bit of love handles to grab onto. I don't like the rail thin drug addict look and I have no idea how it ever became fashionable.
I agree. When (before I knew him) my husband was younger he was an avid runner. Some of his photos made him look sickly--he was just too thin.

Now years later, he is still fit but has a little bit more weight and looks better than ever.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty