Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times

Advertisements

I need to find some nice pants for a business casual office. I typically wear the Levi's flat front khaki pants, but since they're no longer being made and I've worn out the ones I have, I need to find something else. The one point I'm adamant about is they MUST BE machine washable. It's non-negotiable.

I don't know which brick and mortar stores to go to. Can't shop on-line because I HAVE TO try them on for fit. Then once I find what I like, then I can go on-line to shop.

Stores near me are Chico's, Coldwater Creek (I've never been to either of them so I don't know what they offer), Nordstrom, Macy's. I need more suggestions because I'm hoping to find a quality pant similar to the flat front khakis. Looking to spend upward of up to $75 (not what I'm used to spending, but I will pay for quality).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
Kohl's has two store brands, Croft&Barrell and Sonoma. I have found that the C&B petites fit me perfectly and they are not expensive. They have quite a bit in different styles and you will not pay more than about $45.

Nordstrom is very expensive and I think you would be paying more than $100 unless you found them on sale. Coldwater Creek has a lot of different styles and their prices are more reasonable.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,425,045 times
Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J Crew (wait for sales, they have them all of the time), and the Gap- but only what they call "premium pants." The Gap's Perfect Trouser is the only pant that will fit me time and time again (I am small but pear shaped, smaller waist than hips/butt). With the Gap, try on in store then order online. About once every week or two you can find 30% off online and their Perfect Trousers are usually $60.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Express has some great "editor" pants.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
If you liked the Levi's you may want to look at Dockers for women.

Dockers Store Online - Women: Pants

When I worked it was business casual and I had a few pair of the flat front soft khakis. The fit was fantastic (no gap in the back which has always been a problem) and they washed really nice too.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Wow! Thank you so much for the responses! Since I'm partial to Dockers, I'll be checking out the website and size charts.

Plenty of the stores mentioned are near me, so I'll visit the stores to check out the styles and fit.

thanks everyone!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post

Nordstrom is very expensive and I think you would be paying more than $100 unless you found them on sale. Coldwater Creek has a lot of different styles and their prices are more reasonable.
I get most of my clothes at Nordstrom's, keeping to my personal rule of only looking at sale racks. There are always an abundance of beautiful clothes on sale. Champagne taste on a beer budget!

Right after Christmas, I went on a major pants run.. I got 4 pair of very nice work pants, ranging from $20 - $60. The total was around $170, regular price would've been at least $100 more. I love that store.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,054,779 times
Sometimes, finding a good thrift store and trying on several different pairs of pants from their racks - trying several different brands and even sizes - can help you discover a new brand you might like. Try on things you think you won't even like. You might surprise yourself.

This is how I discovered Ann Taylor Loft pants and jeans. I always snubbed ATL because when I would walk past the store in the mall it all looked too pretentious and fussy... but I found a few pair of ATL pants at the thrift store and LOVED how they fit. Now I check the ATL sale rack whenever I'm at the mall. I still don't like the rest of their stuff - it's way overpriced for what it is and usually also very flimsy and not high quality. But their pants and jeans are good.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,550,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Express has some great "editor" pants.
These are my all time favorite dress pants! LOVE them!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Sometimes, finding a good thrift store and trying on several different pairs of pants from their racks - trying several different brands and even sizes - can help you discover a new brand you might like. Try on things you think you won't even like. You might surprise yourself.
I do a lot of thrifting, too, but it's so rare that I'll find pants for work, so I have to buy new. But if I find good quality in different colors, I'll get about 4 pairs for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty