Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

I don't know but many of the celebrities that are labeled as " The Most Beauitful Women/Man in the World" just have the miracle workers of make up, hairstylist, personal trainers and airbrush photographers.

I was bored one day and looked up celebrities without makeup on Google and I was shocked. First, many of my male friends talk about how beautiful Rihanna and Katy Perry looks. Well they changed their tune after they saw them without makeup and hair. They aren't horribly ugly but it's not the same beauty and flawless face. Same thing with the men, Ryan Seacrest doesn't have that clean cut look without tons of work up. So regular everyday people should just be who they are and have self confidence can take you around the world and back. Anyone who doesn't like you or the way you look, just tell them to keep it moving because they aren't worth the air they hold their nose up in all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
That is so true, Singlelady. I've often thought about how I can walk on a university campus in between classes and see several women more beautiful than the celebrities who are hyped as being the most beautiful in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i agree that this thread is getting ugly. what bothers me is that people want to seem like real humanitarians and talk about the inside beauty/ugliness instead of focusing on the actual topic which is exterior appearance.
Neither the thread title nor the OP says it's only about exterior appearance.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
This is what its like to be absolutely unfunny.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings, compadres. No "real" offence intended. And it was NOT supposed to be funny, let's make that clear.

In all honesty, if a section of the population "disgust" you, it's best to seek a therapist/doctor, for it sounds like a serious mental condition.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I don't even wanna know...

Old 12-11-2011, 01:47 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
I can't afford to douche it up.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I strongly disagree! I have seen so many extremely physically ugly people and know quite a few of them. They are just plain ugly! Lots of them have HUGE moles and pot marks on their faces and others have tons of sagging skin and other freakish things on their bodies.

I watch people interact with these people and they are just plain mean and after years and years of this abuse the ugly people become ugly on the inside too.
I get distressed to see women being that way to other women. I used to work in a large co. with a few unattractive women. While men have the rep for only liking women for their bodies (partly true), women would make fun of the ugly duckling quicker & more openly than the men. Not quite to her face, but I would hear small groups of women laugh & say a particular woman "looked like an ironing board', that another was an ugly freak, etc. Bad thing is, some of these were relatively civilized women that I was surprised to hear it from. Some of them don't stop to think that 1 accident or fire injury could put them in the same boat. Other women that seemed less polished were not nearly so bad for it; I suspect because they knew what it was like to be insulted and tormented.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMdotCOM2011 View Post
so sad. People are so damn mean and shallow. Which to me, is the nature of this thread. Sad.
I was wondering what I could say to this sick thread and when I came across this response, I could never say it better! Thank you!

Old 12-11-2011, 03:18 PM

I think it's a great thread, people SHOULD know the effect their meanness can have on ugly people.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Antlered Chamataka, have you lived in India? I heard from one Indian woman on another forum that there's not as much concern with outward appearance there.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Neither the thread title nor the OP says it's only about exterior appearance.
the op says its a spin off from a thread that was about a woman who was absolutely beautiful (outside). so it is supposed to be based on the person's looks. its pathetic that people feel so sensitive about the issue that they need to divert from the question and talk about "its whats inside that counts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty