Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:35 AM

664 posts, read 1,033,911 times

Advertisements

lol, high heel shoes are like hell, thanks again to all who have replied. I am going to visit Fleet Feet, which is a store that specializes in walking and running shoes. My fear is I might drive the sales person crazy if I can't find a shoe I might end up buying a pair because I feel sorry for the sales person. Crazy, I know. Has anyone googled botox injections + feet. When I first heard about it I thought how vain can anyone get until it came to me. As you know it has nothing to do with vanity for me. I also checked botox+feet on youtube and found several videos explaining it. I have heard that botox is used to help with migraine headaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 13,005,057 times
Botox Side Effects

I personally think it is crazy to purposely put botulism toxin into one's body for any reason.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM

615 posts, read 1,683,860 times
OP: I finally asked Mom about her scenario (she's here for the holiday ) and she did confirm that she suffered of excrutiating pain on the bottom of her feet due to spurs. She did receive injections, but it was not botox. In addition, she was prescribed custom made ortho inserts for her shoes (which she hated; they weren't comfy).

Now, I asked her what it was the doc was injecting her with and she cannot remember!! It's been about 3-4 yrs since this. However, I can continue to probe and see if she remembers. Senior moment I guess!

Best w/your situation!

P.S. She no longer suffers with this pain, so what ever it was it helped (but it was NOT botox).

Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 AM

699 posts, read 2,234,449 times
a couple of things:

botox is used for chronic debilitating headaches; generally for those headaches that
stem from the neck area. it is injected around the hairline from the nape, up each side of the neck and completely circling the hairline. somewhere between 14-24 injections. it will relieve the headaches for up to 6 weeks.

have heard of botox for feet, but for the purpose of reducing excessive sweating.

if botox is available for other nerve dysfunctions of the feet, we'd be looking for a
neurologist. they know nerves the best out of all doctors.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 AM

461 posts, read 1,323,710 times
7165...I have the same problem with ball of foot pain. I was told it is sesamoiditis. I had to give up high impact exercise and heels. I also got a shot in my foot, but it is NOT Botox. It is some type of steroid that helps relieve pain. I also had to take high dosage ibuprofen to help relieve inflammation in that joint. Please consult with a podiatrist and not the internet. They know what they are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty