Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,411,515 times

Advertisements

All these "tough guy" studs at my high school used to hang out on street corners with their trophy girl on display, the latter having clearly had far too much time in the tanning salon, to the point of being nearly totally brown. The guys called me over then tried to make me look small in front of these girls, didn't really work though, they looked minging and I wouldn't want to hang out with such irresponsible air headed bints anyhowz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
I much prefer myself with some tan. And so, yes, even at 59 I still sunbathe (and still have great skin, by the way) but it's also for lovin' the feel of the sun. Considering where I love ~ Oregon ~ I can't get enough of it come summer.

Lots of men like creamy white complexions ~ I don't think that's as usual as women tend to think. My husband doesn't like "corpse skin", so if I'm looking particularly pale for some reason he always asks me if I'm feeling alright.

Nothing worse than skin that has been tanned into leather.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
I tan when I'm outdoors all summer. In fact still have my tan. Next month it will be gone and I will be Casper again. Doesn't bother me though.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 AM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
My skin is very, very pale, and for asian you would thik Id have naturally darker skin tone. But Im probably lighter than even the average light skinned person. I dont tan but occaisionally will buy one of those lotions that 'adds a little tone' to your skin a little, just a tad.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
I can't possibly be the only guy who prefers pale/fair complexions over temporary (and often fake) tans.....

I often date women of various ethnicity, from dark chocolate to pure snow complexions but one thing I've always preferred is the natural color of skin. Be grateful for what you were born with and flaunt it. I'm sure there are more guys out there just like me.

Ladies feel free to chime in.
I avoid sun and don't tan. It is very aging. I have been told I have good skin by my age. Maybe it's from avoiding sun.

I think my natural skin tone is just fine. Good post.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,014,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
I can't possibly be the only guy who prefers pale/fair complexions over temporary (and often fake) tans.....

I often date women of various ethnicity, from dark chocolate to pure snow complexions but one thing I've always preferred is the natural color of skin. Be grateful for what you were born with and flaunt it. I'm sure there are more guys out there just like me.

Ladies feel free to chime in.
Yeah, I always thought it was odd/ironic that many of those with really pale skin want to tan so badly, and many of those with dark or brown skin want to lighten their skin so badly.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
My parents come from north India. Paler skin, but we all can tan a nice deep brown. I think I look awful when I am my 'natural' skin color because it's too pasty. I love keeping a nice light tan. Unfortunately, I can only do that in the summer or when we go on beach vacations - otherwise, I don't get enough sun exposure, even with a convertible, to really change the color of my skin that much.

White people should not be my color, though. Just a nice outdoorsy look...not orange-glow.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 AM

151 posts, read 206,032 times
I don't usually tan but will on occasion just to keep from looking like Casper (which oddly is a nickname from my childhood). It also helps clear up my slight acne. I am not a fan of people that tan constantly and look fake and orange. Especially in the middle of winter. I mean, come on! There is no way you are naturally that tan in the dead of winter. Although some people do have a natural darker complexion but you can usually tell when that is the case.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,733 times
A friend of mine likes his woman tan. In my younger days, I was militantly attracted to brown-skinned women, and I mean brown in the literal sense as opposed to just latino women. Black, Philippino & Desi women were all fair game as long as her skin was brown. So I guess people have varied preferences.

Besides, I highly doubt most women get tanned solely to attract men anyway. Some just like the glow one gets after a good bake.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:31 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,333 times
I enjoy walking and swimming in the ocean year-round and although I apply sunblock, tanning eventually occurs.

But, hey..everybody is tan in Hawaii! Oh, except the asian tourists we all laugh at, who come to Hawaii on vacation and then bundle up in what looks like long underwear and coolie hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty