Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM

23 posts, read 33,554 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to know if i was skinny and if i should put on some weight. doctors have told me i should, so im guessing yes. I'm 15, 5"9' and i weigh 126 right now. I got down to 112 lbs and the highest i got was 142. where's a decent spot?

I do like to wear skinnier clothes..AE, gap, hot topic. so what would a girl think of that.

also, im emo, but im not really suicidal anymore. random girls have come up to me and said i was hot, but it's kind of random, and i don't like it too much. No, i am not gay.

Should i try to tone down on caring about what i look like so much, or just ignore them. sorry, lots of questions. just wanted to know what people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Putting on a little weight probably wouldn't be a bad thing but you'll fill out some in the next few years, so don't worry too much about it. Guys keep growing longer than girls do...my husband was skinny when I met him and his shoulders got broader when he was 21...not from extra muscle but the bones actually got wider.

The weight you'll want to gain is muscle...maybe see about lifting weights.

It's more of a health question than a fashion one. But since you mentioned clothes...hopefully those skinny pants are a fad that's on the way out, but even if it sticks around a while, that look is better with some muscle on the upper body.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the reply! Im actually trying to eat a lot more than I was, but I think my stomach is caged XD I actually am trying to pick up some weights. The first time was last week when i benched 80 lbs 10 times, and the only reason I stopped was because my friend rang.

I would play sports, but I honestly don't have the energy. I use to play soccer, actually four years, but i quit to focus on art, music, and poetry. plus, im not big enough to play football. i would pick upp basbeball but again, my art.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Don't try to eat more just for the sake of eating more...your body knows how much you need and if you ignore it when it tells you that you're full, you'll just end up gaining the wrong kind of weight.

You don't have to play sports, but all people benefit from some kind of exercise.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:21 PM

who ever thought it would be so hard to gain weight. wow

Old 10-26-2011, 03:28 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
If you're a guy you shoud start working out. Just do anything that keeps you physically active. It will do wonders for your mood as well.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
I like all shapes of men, but not girly or dangerously skinny. You are making it worse by wearing gay/girly clothes from hot topic. I bet your ribs are visible. Find some new clothing and gain some weight, sweetie.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonisgrowing View Post
who ever thought it would be so hard to gain weight. wow
I've had very thin friends say this same this. This is a hard thing for overweight people to understand sometimes!

Your doctor should help you choose foods with the highest calories... especially making milkshakes with high-calorie powder etc. in them. Drinking calories is sometimes easier. My sister had to do it when she was young.

Good luck! hang in there.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,575 times
I agree with the earlier post boys do grow for a much longer time than girls. My son grew another inch his first year in college. Chances are you will put on more weight and get taller in the next few years.
I think your emotional state is more important, I'm glad you are not suicidal anymore. Concentrate on finding things like your art that make you feel good and surround yourself with supportive friends and family. The teen years are brutal.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:47 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
When I started high school I was 5'3 and 90 lbs. When I graduated high school I was 6'3 180 lbs. Most of the height growth happened between freshman and sophomore year, while most of the weight growth happened junior and senior year. When I got my driver's license at 16 I was 6'3 150 lbs. You'll grow into your frame, I wouldn't worry about it as all as long as you take care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty