Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,434,784 times

Advertisements

Estee Lauder beauty products are expensive. Are they really better quality than the department store or Sephora or Ulta? I want to purchase the Even Skin Serum and the Pore Minimizing Re finisher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 11:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,066,138 times
I use the pore minimizer and even skintone illuminator together every day, and I really like them. I generally use all MAC products, but I tried these two products and found them to be better than the equivalent MAC products. They are expensive, but they last a long time because you use so little of the product. I would recommend these two products.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,819,068 times
MAC is an Estee Lauder owned brand (as is Bobbi Brown). I used to use Estee Lauder stuff, but finally realized the reason I kept having asthma attacks was because I was reacting to the synthetic perfumes they load into their brand products. Their less-synthetic line, Origins, is much kinder to my lungs.

I generally have to avoid the Estee Lauder counter at the department stores, because even their sales people have their perfumes reeking from their skin. It's not nearly as bad as the Chanel counter or the actual perfume counters, but wow - it can get pretty wheezy for anyone who's sensitive.

As for quality, I've found some of it to be mostly just hype and expensive packaging, and some to be worthwhile and very functional. It seems to be hit or miss. These days I stick mostly with Origins, and sometimes pick up a cleansing milk from Clarins because it's extremely gentle, and doesn't sting my eyes or make my face feel like it's stretched tight like a rubber band over cardboard.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,823,931 times
I've been using Estee Lauder's Idealist pore minimizing skin refresher serum and the Resilience Lift Extreme moisturizer for several years now. I agree that it's quite expensive, but it works for me, and I think it's worth the extra money as it does last a long time and makes my skin feel and look great. I don't skimp on that or my hair but cut back elsewhere as need be.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,434,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I use the pore minimizer and even skintone illuminator together every day, and I really like them. I generally use all MAC products, but I tried these two products and found them to be better than the equivalent MAC products. They are expensive, but they last a long time because you use so little of the product. I would recommend these two products.
How long does it take to get result? Do you have to continue to use it?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,156,961 times
Do yourself a favor. Start purchasing Dr. Hauschka or Annemarie Borlind products. They use natural ingredients as opposed to these companies that load their cosmetics up with chemicals. Once you use these, you will never go back.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-03-2011 at 08:02 AM..

Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM

109 posts, read 126,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
These days I stick mostly with Origins, and sometimes pick up a cleansing milk from Clarins because it's extremely gentle, and doesn't sting my eyes or make my face feel like it's stretched tight like a rubber band over cardboard.
I used Estee before, but a friend of mine who worked for Clarins converted me. They do use plants only, said she. I like Clarins, but they have very few selection. So I think I'll be playing the field now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty