Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:57 PM

10,205 posts, read 20,906,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Which AE model resembles the one in the OP pic?
I would say the Hillsborough probably comes closest to that design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 08:58 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,905,732 times
One of those days, this was my attire.

This:
Johnston & Murphy: COLDEN LACE-UP - Brown Italian Calfskin

Pinstriped (extremely invisible pinstripe) brighter yellowish-white pants that generally goes with darker shirts.

And this on top.

I generally don't wear that tie, I pick plaid ties with a touch of brown and raspberry on a white background. But I liked how it looked once I was out of the house.

But irrespective of what others think. My favourite with this kind of laced brown shoes is a dark coffee brown pants, which is quite smooth in texture, and the following combo - pink on pink - like a real heterosexual Champ

But the point here is a monochromatic distribution from the shoes to the pants to the shirt to the tie - the red coloured family.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,250,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyJ View Post
Guys (or helpful women),

I am looking for a pair of leather loafers and love these (in black) by Prada. I like the simple design, the rubber sole, the modern shape. Unfortunately, $500 for a pair of shoes is not gonna happen. Can anyone suggest a good alternative?
Kenneth Cole, one of my favorites. Private Resort - Loafers - Kenneth Cole

If you're a skinny guy with fitted pants, get these Career Day - Loafers - Kenneth Cole

Squared toe end or whatever it's called is just so damn subtle sexy.

Also, he does a great deal of charity work, support him support others -- cheers!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,392,124 times
O'TOOLE 3728 (http://www.jeffery-west.co.uk/jefferywest/buyonline.asp?item=o_toole_700_0 - broken link)

Old 09-24-2011, 11:30 PM
JL

8,535 posts, read 14,648,925 times
Quote:
Guys (or helpful women),

I am looking for a pair of leather loafers and love these (in black) by Prada. I like the simple design, the rubber sole, the modern shape. Unfortunately, $500 for a pair of shoes is not gonna happen. Can anyone suggest a good alternative?
Just get the Merona one from Target. For that style, no need for expensive brand. The ones at Target are comfy enough. Are these similar enough?

Target:Scand Genuine Lthr Square

Target:Men's Merona Ryler Loafer - Black

Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM

306 posts, read 1,123,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Kenneth Cole, one of my favorites. Private Resort - Loafers - Kenneth Cole
I haven't worn KC's in years due to some comfort/quality concerns (anyone care to weigh in as to how Kenneth Cole's comfort and quality are these days?) but you've given me a good alternative to scout out! Thanks!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I haven't worn KC's in years due to some comfort/quality concerns (anyone care to weigh in as to how Kenneth Cole's comfort and quality are these days?) but you've given me a good alternative to scout out! Thanks!
There's a Kenneth Cole store in Chicago, call them and see if they have that model, if they do go there and try it out.

One thing I like about Chicago, good rates for their public transportation and doesn't the L go to Evanston? If I recall correctly.

And another thing, check out some other stores (that are in Chicago) that may have the type of shoe you want online first, call, then go check it out in person in case you're not happy with Kenneth Cole.

[And where's the rep? I found a pretty damn close model to the one you wanted. ]

Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM

306 posts, read 1,123,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
There's a Kenneth Cole store in Chicago, call them and see if they have that model, if they do go there and try it out.

One thing I like about Chicago, good rates for their public transportation and doesn't the L go to Evanston? If I recall correctly.

And another thing, check out some other stores (that are in Chicago) that may have the type of shoe you want online first, call, then go check it out in person in case you're not happy with Kenneth Cole.

[And where's the rep? I found a pretty damn close model to the one you wanted. ]

OK, you got yer rep. (Was in too big a hurry when I read before..my fault.)

The KC store in Chi closed not long ago, but they won't be hard to find. I'm definitely gonna look. And you're right about Chi's transit system, and Evanston. There are better places to live, but there are worse ones too.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
OK, you got yer rep. (Was in too big a hurry when I read before..my fault.)

The KC store in Chi closed not long ago, but they won't be hard to find. I'm definitely gonna look. And you're right about Chi's transit system, and Evanston. There are better places to live, but there are worse ones too.
Ok Sloopy, I did a quick search for you and I want you to build a shrine for me praising me and calling me "my Sun and Stars".

Kenneth Cole New York Private Resort Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Although the picture on zappos doesn't look quite as nice as the one on KC's, go figure. It's cheaper and hopefully you're a size 8-9, cause that's all they got.

It's got reviews too, and I believe they have a good return policy if you don't like it. Ok that's it for me, good luck on your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty