Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:04 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

But the mistakes don't stop there. Men embrace everything from a necktie being too long (or too short) to pants riding too high (or too low).

"Men have a tendency to put on whatever is easy and makes them feel most comfortable," says Jon Morales, vice president of product development and design at Hickey Freeman. "They're thinking about other things when they get dressed--making the next deal, going to the next baseball game." It's easy for them to overlook small details. But, says, Morales, "It's small details that matter most," when you want to look good.

AOL Shopping Main - Online Shopping Made Easy (http://shopping.aol.com/pages/Mens-Worst-Fashion-Sins/20338 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Speedos. Yuck ! You see far too many on European beaches and it ain't pretty !

Men who think a suit and tie no matter how tired, old and stained is better, smarter and more respectable than a clean and more up-dated "smart casual" look.

Trousers that are so high waisted they almost reach your armpits ( older men).

The new trend of wearing trousers that fall half way down your legs and show you boxer shorts. Impractical and looks completely idiotic, also suggesting that you are a fashion victim and therefore a sheep , hence an idiot.

Men who try to follow fashion rather than finding their own style and what suits them.

Really baggy trousers that look more like nappies ( diapers)

People who think that large flowers, checks, and spots are compatible and wear them all at once.

Men who wear socks with shorts ( even worse if they are knee length socks, a very British sin). If it's hot enough to wear shorts it is hot enough to be bare feet. IMO it makes you look about 6 years old. ( I recently saw Charlie Sheen on TV wearing just that and he looked completely bizarre).

But Sartorial lapses are also very much in evidence in the Female specie too...

Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Not so much a fashion thing as a grooming thing, but THE worst thing a man can do to spoil his look in my book is the comb-over. Embrace your baldness for chrissakes! Not only are you not fooling anyone with that ten-foot long patch of hair you have coiled around your head, but you are also giving away the store about your own insecurities. Deal.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:12 AM

660 posts, read 2,441,272 times
speedos tighty-whities grills white guys or asian guys that go overboard with the hip hop look greasy hair comb-overs to many tatoos/piercings those huge earrings that stretch your ears out high waters and suspenders is all i can think of now

Old 08-10-2007, 12:01 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
LOL DontH8Me you're killing me!

Some more fashion don'ts.

T-shirts that are as long as my dresses

The sagging pants (I always thought that men wore their pants like that in prison for easier access).

Beer bellies hanging over waistbands

Tight shirts

Tight shirts with tight pants

Gold teeth and grillz

Mullets

Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
What are grillz?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
grillz = those ridiculous mouthpieces made popular by hood rats. Think of the grille on your car, and imagine that on your teeth. Do you watch any MTV at all?

P.S. Come to think....I wanna move to wherever it is that people don't know what grillz are....

Last edited by DontH8Me; 08-10-2007 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: PS

Old 08-10-2007, 02:52 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
I agree with you DontH8Me...

I also dislike it when guys feel the need to pluck their eyebrows and emulate their girl friends/boy friends or mothers ...what's up with that???

Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Sandals and socks.

White tennis shoes and black or dress socks.

Hide the crack, even if you're a plummber.

Wearing your jeans so loose that you have to hold them up while you walk or ride you skateboard.

Extremely offensive tees. I don't care what you say you're doin with some other dude's girlfriend. If it's all true, she's probably bumpin it with your brother or your dad! This goes for the girlz too. Also, get that stud off your tongue! I can't hear you mumble. If you need to get a pair of heavy-duty zirconium encrusted tweezers to make that Dinamoe hum or get your freak-on, so be it. Here's a lighter. Don't forget to sterilize em.

Wearin your cap sideways.

All the tats. Why do you need a tat on your neck and your face? Do you WANT Hep C?

What's the chain and all the keys for? Are you the janitor? Having the hippest cell phone, but not a bank account and living in mom and dad's basement! Priorities, people!

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-10-2007 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,418 times
how about men who have hair coming out of their nose/ears?? there are very inexpensive gadgets you can buy for that ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty