Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They look like frog buttons on Chinese clothing. I'm not crazy about these, Chamy, but I think you're the guy to pull them off. (I tend to associate frogs with women's dresses. Kate's mother had them on her Royal Wedding dress.) One other thing, I can see them getting dirty very quickly.
Thanks

Like my brother once told me, fashion is 25% clothing and 75% attitude. I just need to keep up my "well dressed dude" image at work.

I see a lot of skinny ties in my building lately and I was the first guy to bring them out. Others have gotten bold now. I even get asked if I wear the regular 3.5 inch tie somewhere in between. But these days I have settled for the 2.5 and 2.75 neckties, skinnies are for Friday.

It's funny when I go to lunch and other guys ask me, "do they allow leaner ties in your office?" They started asking too much and I started cutting down on the skinnies before some HR nut sends a global email broadcast about dress code
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
They started asking too much and I started cutting down on the skinnies before some HR nut sends a global email broadcast about dress code
Wow. You work in NYC, right? And a skinny tie might get HR's panties in a bunch? Go West, young man. Nobody would even blink at what you wear in an office in L.A. (Though you would be the over-dressed dude.)

Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Is he traveling??

If you were to buy for him, what kind do you get? Do you get one of those glitzy metal ones?
Different atmosphere in his business now. The only time he wears cufflinks is when he has trade shows, which is I think 3 times a year.

As for who he and I liked:
Tateossian (http://www.tateossian.com/index2.php - broken link)
Babette Wasserman

I used to spend a lot of time browsing on Cufflinks.com.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Any comments about this combo?

Trim Fit Deco Twill Stripe White Collar & French Cuffs Dress Shirt from Paul Fredrick

17mm Fancy CUFFLINKS NEW Cuff Links for shirt ON737 | eBay

Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 AM

And this might go well with my white shirt
2x20mm Royal Blue Sapphire Emerald Cut Style Cufflinks | eBay

But I'm still trying to find a better one for the shirt above. I found the most perfect one in Macy's, but it's got the name TRUMP stamped on it and he's an idiot

Old 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM

These four are great, and I'll have a hard time choosing one of them, but.... they are overpriced Not gonna spend that much on cufflinks on ebay when people sell great ones at as low as 0.01 pounds.

RED LARGE CRYSTAL FORMAL STYLE MENS CUFFLINKS NEW DR1 | eBay

Genuine Dichroic Glass Cufflinks * FLAME CRACKLE * | eBay

New Mens Silver Gift Fashion Galaxy Pink Cufflinks | eBay

Gorgeous Pink Cabouchon Oval cufflinks by Ian Flaherty | eBay

Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
I think fake gems are tacky. Look on eBay for antique or vintage sterling enameled or 14K gold. I have gotten both Art Deco and older ones for quite reasonable prices. No one will ever have the same ones.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I think fake gems are tacky. Look on eBay for antique or vintage sterling enameled or 14K gold. I have gotten both Art Deco and older ones for quite reasonable prices. No one will ever have the same ones.
That would be bloody expensive

I'd reserve those for the real fat cat days that hopefully lay ahead of me

Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
That would be bloody expensive

I'd reserve those for the real fat cat days that hopefully lay ahead of me
No they are not always expensive. Do an eBay search on "antique cufflinks" to see what is available. I have found many for less than $30.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
The fake gems are not good. Look cheap and nasty to me, sorry.

My DH has some classic Tiffany silver cufflinks and also likes some Tumi cufflinks and also Thomas Pink & Paul Smith which are English and more fun and colorful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty