Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 06:59 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,137,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
What is "eating well"? What does that involve....mostly salad? Sanwiches? Low fat yogurt? Fat free cookies?
I mentioned Dukan because it is going to hit the States in the next 6 weeks & will invariably be dismissed. 5 million people in France have read it, 1.5 million follow it.... apparently it is imporyant in France to be thin, whereas in America you hear a lot about "healthy". Imo thin, slender, whatever you would call or, is healthy.
Eating healthy is eating CLEAN for me. I don't care what new fad diet is popular in France or Europe...I don't follow fads. I'm not going to load up on meat products or cut out carbs completely, drink a shake twice a day or follow some other "diet" because millions of people are doing it. I'll do what works for me.

Salads are great if they have healthy ingredients but many people ruin them with cheese, croutons, bacon, fatty dressing...etc. I enjoy eating salads when they are made right. I rarely eat a sandwich...I can't choke down that much bread. I don't eat low-fat yogurt (most of them have fake sugar) but I do love greek yogurt which is naturally fat-free.

I don't buy meals in a box (macaroni and cheese, hamburger helper, canned meals...etc), I don't eat fake sugar or sugar substitutes, I don't eat fat-free anything except milk (and it's RARE that I drink milk, I don't tolerate it well). I'll eat low-fat products if they are made with low-fat milk (such as 2% cheese) but I won't eat it if the ingredient list strays from the basic ingredients or has preservatives and fillers.

I cook from scratch most days. I like to control what ingredients go into the food I consume.

What the heck is a fat free cookie anyway? Ever read the label for one? It's all chemicals. If I want a cookie I'll make them at home and have one or two. I can't tell you the last time I purchased a cookie from the store.

And thin does not always equal beautiful just like fat does not always equal ugly. I've seen some very unattractive thin/slender people and vice versa (likewise I've seen the same with heavy people).

For me, beauty is more defined by the persons face, not their body. Just because your body is thin doesn't mean you were blessed with an attitude and face to match it. A persons personality usually shines through in their face...like I said, ugly is an attitude for me and even with a pretty face, someone can look very ugly if they are miserable and scowl all the time.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,207,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
What is "eating well"? What does that involve....mostly salad? Sanwiches? Low fat yogurt? Fat free cookies?
I mentioned Dukan because it is going to hit the States in the next 6 weeks & will invariably be dismissed. 5 million people in France have read it, 1.5 million follow it.... apparently it is imporyant in France to be thin, whereas in America you hear a lot about "healthy". Imo thin, slender, whatever you would call or, is healthy.
Eating well is just that.

Overprocessed foods are junk. Fresh foods are delicious.

I do eat a nice salad with my lunch everyday. It just tastes refreshing. I'm picky about my sandwiches, but I like them to be balanced. Yogurt? Greek for me... with freshly sliced strawberries. Now, this is more a subject to discussed in the Diet and Weightloss area... but check out SparkPeople.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 AM

19,847 posts, read 20,462,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
personally the women I've ever aspired to be like had a little meat on their bones.
Meat is different than blubber though...

Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,995,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Is beauty absolute or relative ? The answer is yes, so being thin is indeed that beatiful to SOME people.
Lol, I just noticed the stupidity.

The answer is Relative.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,057,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
No, being thin is not really that beautiful... but neither is being fat...
I disagree with you on the thin part, but totally agree with you on the fat part.

Here are some thin women who are pretty darn hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RpmfdACZ4&feature=fvsr

I think all the smarta$$e$ around here should know that when we are talking about "thin", we are NOT talking about anorexic or sickly. This is the usual response/remark from FAT women or the chubby chaser internet guys who cant get women in real life so they try to get e-reps from the fat women here so they feel they have made a "friend".

Here is a curvy and voluptuos woman who is HOT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-s8H...eature=related

People should remember that:

Thin - is NOT sickly boney or anorexic.
Curvy/voluptuous - is NOT FAT or OVERWEIGHT or OBESE

Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 AM

19,847 posts, read 20,462,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Yup.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,137,321 times
Quote:

I agree...I prefer the term "slender" to thin though. It seems to have less negative connotations.

I will NEVER be slender, it's just not the way my body is framed...but I consider myself curvy...okay...let's be honest...overweight right now...after I lose 7lbs I'll be curvy

Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,057,401 times
Quote:
This is perfection for my taste. Not thin, not really "thick" but HEALTHY AND ATHLETIC.

Fahrenheit - Let It Burn (http://www.t-nation.com/media/letitburn/movie.html - broken link)

http://www.bodybuilders.com/brant18.jpg
Just wanted to repost this since it look like a new thread was combined with an old thread.

These are two beautiful CURVY AND VOLUPTUOUS women. That is, curvy by MENS standards which really should be EVERYONES standards.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,995,872 times
Quote:
I disagree with you on the thin part, but totally agree with you on the fat part.

Here are some thin women who are pretty darn hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RpmfdACZ4&feature=fvsr

I think all the smarta$$e$ around here should know that when we are talking about "thin", we are NOT talking about anorexic or sickly. This is the usual response/remark from FAT women or the chubby chaser internet guys who cant get women in real life so they try to get e-reps from the fat women here so they feel they have made a "friend".

Here is a curvy and voluptuos woman who is HOT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-s8H...eature=related

Guilty as charged. I'll go jump off a bridge now in "Tyler Clemente" fashion.

What kind of person actually results to insulting others simply because they somewhat disagreed with their idea of a beautiful woman ? Seriously, who the **** does stuff like that ? ....SMH .....

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 02-25-2011 at 09:30 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

236 posts, read 862,197 times
Ah, the classic Curvy vs. thin debate. How I love to hate it.

Is thin more beautiful than "curvy"? Well, depends on the girl and depends on the guy.

Guys that like thin chicks should date thin chicks.
Guys that like curvy chicks should date curvy chicks.

Simple, no?

Then again, it depends on what they look like. There are girls who are thin that would look better if they were curvier. Then there are girls who are "curvy" who would look better if they were thinner.

I personally am thin and have delt with criticism from girls thicker girls than me.

Then again, it also depends on what you define as "curvy" and "thin".

It's all based on opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty