Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM

782 posts, read 1,110,536 times

Advertisements

Never liked parachute pants ....
Never liked baby smooth..down there. Besides it doesn't stay baby smooth very long and then it just itches. Yea, you do crazy things when you are in love..once.
Having Natural Curly hair I never understood the Animal' hair or the Mane? look where the hair was all wild and curly all over the head.
Never liked afros on white people..especially 70 year old white women??
Goth just screams serious depression.
Grunge...well, if you have lived in the PNW for anytime at all you know it says unemployed logger.
I heard a fashion guru say once when the mini-skirt came back..that if you wore them the first time they came around you have no business wearing them the second. I think that covers all trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Never liked parachute pants ....
Never liked baby smooth..down there. Besides it doesn't stay baby smooth very long and then it just itches. Yea, you do crazy things when you are in love..once.
Having Natural Curly hair I never understood the Animal' hair or the Mane? look where the hair was all wild and curly all over the head.
Never liked afros on white people..especially 70 year old white women??
Goth just screams serious depression.
Grunge...well, if you have lived in the PNW for anytime at all you know it says unemployed logger.
I heard a fashion guru say once when the mini-skirt came back..that if you wore them the first time they came around you have no business wearing them the second. I think that covers all trends.
The parachute pants were bad! But one more trend that I forgot to add to my list of worst trends is........*drum roll*

THE MOMMY JEAN THAT WAS POPULAR THROUGHOUT THE 80'S AND 90's!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,939,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Capris. No offense women, but they do not look good at all.

Glad I'm not alone. Ladies, I'm sure they are comfortable but trust me they are not sexy. Few articles of clothing are as unflattering IMO.

Other bad trends....

1. Flat brimmed hats
2. Hip Hop tee shirts that look like dresses
3. Skinny jeans that look like they came from the thrift store and are three sizes too small (on both men and women)
4. Ed Hardy
5. Affliction
6. Again, capris (this goes double if worn by men, and yes I've seen it and yes, he was straight)

Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 AM

18,499 posts, read 31,713,142 times
dont forget about fat women that wear leggins with a baggy shirt, totally horrible......

that is a freaking horiffic look.....

Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,108,737 times
1--Capri Pants
2--Granny Panties
3--Tramp Stamps
4--Fatties wearing Baby Doll T-shirts
5--The demise of VPL's (most women don't know how sexy men found those).
6--The demise of fit, thin women wearing flimsy little ol' summer dresses with bare, tanned legs.
7--Along those lines, panty hose are a huge turn-off, rivaled only by #1 & 2 in my list.
8--"sleeve" tattoos on women. (WTF, why do they wann look like they just left the crackhouse?)
9-- Those "wedge" hairdos that look like they're wearing a bike helmet. Again, WTF?
10--Capri pants (so bad, I find they merit being listed twice! LOL)

Old 06-02-2011, 10:07 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
1--Capri Pants
2--Granny Panties
3--Tramp Stamps
4--Fatties wearing Baby Doll T-shirts
5--The demise of VPL's (most women don't know how sexy men found those).
6--The demise of fit, thin women wearing flimsy little ol' summer dresses with bare, tanned legs.
7--Along those lines, panty hose are a huge turn-off, rivaled only by #1 & 2 in my list.
8--"sleeve" tattoos on women. (WTF, why do they wann look like they just left the crackhouse?)
9-- Those "wedge" hairdos that look like they're wearing a bike helmet. Again, WTF?
10--Capri pants (so bad, I find they merit being listed twice! LOL)
I hate tattoos

Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I hate tattoos
Good for you.

I happen to find a well done, thoughtful tattoo makes a person more interesting and more attractive.

Of course, this is coming from a woman who has a sleeve in progress

Old 06-03-2011, 10:11 AM

6,831 posts, read 14,071,676 times
I will just give some general advice. Men and women please dress your age and your size. Your not fooling anyone when you break these rules. I was a pretty buffed guy when I was in my 20's and early 30's. There were some clothes I could wear back then that looked good on me. I am now older so anything tight fitting on me is a now a big no no. Please know the difference between trendy and stylish. Great style never fads, trends come and go ever season. They are simply not the same.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,024,166 times
Am I the only one that hates yoga pants? I think I am because 80% of the female population where I live wear them and 60% of them look terrible on those things.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,024,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I will just give some general advice. Men and women please dress your age and your size. Your not fooling anyone when you break these rules. I was a pretty buffed guy when I was in my 20's and early 30's. There were some clothes I could wear back then that looked good on me. I am now older so anything tight fitting on me is a now a big no no. Please know the difference between trendy and stylish. Great style never fads, trends come and go ever season. They are simply not the same.

Good advice too, sadly it won't happen. I think it's gotten worse because our in society youth is boss and women mostly I see clinging on way into their 50's to dress young. I think maybe 2% can pull it off where you say ok she looks kind of cute. The rest it's terrible and embaressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty