Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I have a LL Bean tote with a zip top (important when I use it as airplane carry on)
Oh, I forgot to mention this. Aren't most of those open on top? I find that very impractical and ugly.

Anyway, the bags themselves aren't of much interest to me, but I really would like to know why Ron cares (the reason I stopped by here in the first place)! Making a psychological profile of their wearers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 06:54 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,207,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention this. Aren't most of those open on top? I find that very impractical and ugly.

Anyway, the bags themselves aren't of much interest to me, but I really would like to know why Ron cares (the reason I stopped by here in the first place)! Making a psychological profile of their wearers?
Why do I care.......I like the bags. They are nice bags.

I wanted to see if anyone else liked/own them.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:11 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,902,622 times
I like the fact that they are so well made. But, being a guy, I would not carry one because of the style. I would rather use a backpack, messenger bag, or sling backpack. Or even a sport/duffel bag.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
I don't buy LL Bean totes...but I do have a boat load of totes in all sizes.

I prefer Vera Bradley totes; they are sturdy, girly and washable and you can get them with closable tops and pockets to organize (I can't just toss my keys, phone and lip gloss in...I need easy access to those).

Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Sounds good for the sturdy and durable, yet they do get dirty quickly. Are you getting them for work?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 PM

37,721 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ronnie just told me I need them!

Seriously, what do you guys use them for...?
I have the small size, and the large, both in a zip-top.

The small one I carry to work, every day. I use it for my lunch, umbrella, extra pair of shoes (if I think I'll need any that day) an umbrella if it's going to rain...bills I need to pay....whatever I think I might need with me each day. It's perfect for a little work tote.

The large one I use for carrying large loads...for groceries when we go camping, for baked goodies that I've made for work, for carrying stuff to my BF's for the weekend, if needed (like a mixer, or a waffle iron...I cook a lot over there, and he doesn't have everything I cook with), taking to the beach...etc.

Honestly....I use these tote bags all the freakin' time. And the LE, and LLB, are very very sturdy...well worth the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty