Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
big earrings. the bigger the earrings a female is wearing, the trashier she is.

I'll add that when some women wear earrings that are too heavy, it stretches the hole in the ear and I cannot stand that look!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

I'll add that when some women wear earrings that are too heavy, it stretches the hole in the ear and I cannot stand that look!
It looks painful!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Personally I am baffled why women can wear that skimpy stuff and when some guy wears a sleeveless shirt it's such a big deal. Men get overheated more than women, who always complain that the air conditioning is too cold.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Personally I am baffled why women can wear that skimpy stuff and when some guy wears a sleeveless shirt it's such a big deal. Men get overheated more than women, who always complain that the air conditioning is too cold.

I think people only make a big deal when the men are hairy and need to mow their backs, trim or shave their underarm hair, shave their arms.

Trust me, no one finds a hairy man appealing (except maybe the female orangutan or gorillas at the zoo!)

Old 04-27-2011, 12:43 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
I wanted to add another "hated" piece of clothing:

TWIN SETS! OMG.... who invented these things????? They look like something only a very young child (2 - 4 years old) or a very old lady (70-100+) should be wearing.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,875 times
One piece of clothing? Difficult to name just one. How about "anything that screams 'fashion victim'"!

For women: I know the fashion mags and stores and catalogs all show this cutesy "shrunken" top look. It does look cute on a 5 year old. Not so cute on a 40-year old. If you're a 40 year old woman who looks like she's wearing her 5 year old's t-shirt, you just look pathetic. A fashion victim. Who doesn't own a mirror. This goes triple if you've got rolls 'o flab in the midriffian region.

For men: baseball hats that never come off your heads. Unless you're actually playing baseball or some other sport, or working outdoors, you just look like a tool. Sitting in Applebee's in your John Deere hat? At a graduation ceremony wearing your baseball hat? Here's a clue... most of us assume you're bald.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 AM

500 posts, read 748,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'll start off. No offense to any who wears this, but I HATE, HATE durags. Usually, it's ghetto people or street urchants who sport durags but I've met some rather good and cool people who wear them. Which is unfortunate because I just would like to kick it off their face. I don't know why I hate it so much but I just do, maybe because most people who wear it are usually goons like I mentioned before and it just usually looks dirty, dingy, and plain ugly.

What I hate even more, are guys who where they pants passed their ass.....I don't think I need to elaborate more on how immature, lazy and disgusting that looks. I rather see gay guys roam around in Speedo's than a bunch of baffoon's walking around like they don't know how to tie their belt. PULL UP YOUR PANTS! What the hell is so cool about that?
What the heck is a durag?? Wondering if I've seen one and didn't know it.

Re: pajamas worn outside, I once saw a woman at the post office wearing only a towel! True story! I was leaving as she was going in so I don't know what happened. I don't think she was coming from a pool, it was pretty early in the morning, and her hair was wrapped too. Who knows, but I was thinking, 'unless your house keys are in the post office, you need to go home'!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
For men: baseball hats that never come off your heads. Unless you're actually playing baseball or some other sport, or working outdoors, you just look like a tool. Sitting in Applebee's in your John Deere hat? At a graduation ceremony wearing your baseball hat? Here's a clue... most of us assume you're bald.
Do not come to AZ. I've decided they hand them out at birth. Or at the border to transplants. "Welcome to the Grand Canyon State. Here is your baseball hat. Please put it on. This hat allows the wearer the full privleges of residency of the state which include not having to worry about getting a good haircut, no one knowing you are loosing your hair faster than Prince William, or that your hairpiece was bought on sale at 'Toupees R Us'. Have a nice day."

Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do not come to AZ. I've decided they hand them out at birth. Or at the border to transplants. "Welcome to the Grand Canyon State. Here is your baseball hat. Please put it on. This hat allows the wearer the full privleges of residency of the state which include not having to worry about getting a good haircut, no one knowing you are loosing your hair faster than Prince William, or that your hairpiece was bought on sale at 'Toupees R Us'. Have a nice day."
Ok, now I just spat my drink!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 PM

784 posts, read 1,982,099 times
I don't really hate anything that people wear, but among my least favorite are sagging pants and the excessively long baggy swim shorts that most men wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty