Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPECELP View Post

As others have stated, I'm sure it isn't as serious as its seems under the bright Target lights.
lol, I hope its not, I was pretty terrified of the view I got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM

860 posts, read 2,717,712 times
I have found that deep massage and seaweed/caffeine treatment gels give a temporary lessening of cellulite that is not too serious. Drink lots of water and avoid carbonated sodas and salt and processed food .

Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I have found that deep massage and seaweed/caffeine treatment gels give a temporary lessening of cellulite that is not too serious. Drink lots of water and avoid carbonated sodas and salt and processed food .
I can't afford massage . Where do you find those kinds of gels?

I only drink water, I haven't touched a soda since I was 8 years old. Salt is my weakness though, I need to work on that.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 PM

Well, neither can I. Just knead your thigh backs really well. Lift your leg and karate chop the thigh area. The gels are sold at CVS, etc. Diuretic in effect. Basically all treatment for mild cellulite is a temporary plumping of the skin that makes it less noticeable. I read a bunch of beauty books by models when I was in my teens and lo and behold some of it works.
You don't need to give up salt and soda forever, just cut back before your vacation. You will look better. Of course if you drink like a fish on holiday, it will all be undone. At least you will start feeling fabulous!!??

Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Well, neither can I. Just knead your thigh backs really well. Lift your leg and karate chop the thigh area. The gels are sold at CVS, etc. Diuretic in effect. Basically all treatment for mild cellulite is a temporary plumping of the skin that makes it less noticeable. I read a bunch of beauty books by models when I was in my teens and lo and behold some of it works.
You don't need to give up salt and soda forever, just cut back before your vacation. You will look better. Of course if you drink like a fish on holiday, it will all be undone. At least you will start feeling fabulous!!??
haha awesome advice! temporary is better than nothing!

I don't like soda, I barely drank it even when I was a kid so that is a complete non issue. I drink water like a fish every day, that's been a habit my whole life. but ya, salt and sweets are my weakness, I need to work on that.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:12 AM

30,372 posts, read 51,986,719 times
They make a few body washes that "fight cellulite," and you just massage a bit into your legs (and other problem areas) with a loofah/sponge... I used one by St. Ives for a while, and it did make a slight difference!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 AM

30,372 posts, read 51,986,719 times
Here's the one I've used: St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Body Wash

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,991,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Whether you appear to have cellulite or not depends on the connective tissue in your body. Of course, being larger can make it appear worse, but even some "skinny minnies" have visible cellulite!

There is a surgical procedure to cut the connective tissue (that is too tight, and makes skin look "puckered"), but you can't "exercise it away" and there are no magic creams or lotions, either!

Bear in mind that the overhead lighting in dressing rooms will make it look worse than it actually is....in the sun, on the beach, it will NOT look like it did in Target!!!!!!
disagree! The overhead sun does just about the same thing. I know, I do lots of observations on my own cellulite. I feel much safer at the pool on a cloudy day, or late afternoon when the sun is lower. It's true!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Printed bikini bottoms also help, IMO. And get a nice push up top to draw attention front and center!!

My curves come with an extra helping of thigh, that's just the way it is! But if you take care of yourself and drink H20 and eat right, it should be minimal, it will bother you and snarky women more than anyone else. Enjoy being being a girl, enjoy your vacation and have fun !!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,324,364 times
Thumbs up Laughing Out Loud!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
spackle it
ROFL! Oh, how I wish I had a rep to rep you with for this gem!!!!

I know a gal who has it only when she is an extra 20 pounds heavier. I have also seen gals in shorts who are super thin and still have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty