Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:14 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,146,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Oh geesh....It wasn't an insult to you. Sorry of you took it that way. BTW, you are not of that age that I can't figure out anyway
I didn't mean to sound snarky. My apologies if I came off that way. I know you weren't talking to me directly. I was just addressing the generalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,409,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I didn't mean to sound snarky. My apologies if I came off that way. I know you weren't talking to me directly. I was just addressing the generalities.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I also wanted to add..I think those styles are for younger women. Go ahead and bash me, lol, but I believe when we reach a certain age, although I haven't decided what that age is, that it's time to grow up and be more mature and not try to look like a middle aged woman who is afraid of aging.
Unless of course you're this person....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdeC3OJJIzA

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,703,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Unless of course you're this person....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdeC3OJJIzA

20yrsinBranson

Yes

Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,742 times
i like the first one...but with a nice strapless bra lol. i think the rest are pretty trashy and if i saw someone walk by me wearing any of those...id probably say mean things once they got out of earshot lol.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM

860 posts, read 2,717,405 times
I mean here's the thing, and I thought about this over dishes, so its well thought out!

If you are in fantastic shape and young enough to show some skin, if you want to be envied and admired instead of looked down on, you have to make sure there is a certain quality/design to your clothes. The cheapness/obviousness is perhaps more of a problem that how much you are showing. Victoria's secret even has some sexy tops that are better made and are a few notches above those tops. If the fabris is thin and cheap, the style is too daisy duke(the check tube) or too hooker(the bustier w/studs), well you get the point.
Just tell yourself you can do better! Seek out better design and quality. Be hot not tacky!!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,703,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I mean here's the thing, and I thought about this over dishes, so its well thought out!

If you are in fantastic shape and young enough to show some skin, if you want to be envied and admired instead of looked down on, you have to make sure there is a certain quality/design to your clothes. The cheapness/obviousness is perhaps more of a problem that how much you are showing. Victoria's secret even has some sexy tops that are better made and are a few notches above those tops. If the fabris is thin and cheap, the style is too daisy duke(the check tube) or too hooker(the bustier w/studs), well you get the point.
Just tell yourself you can do better! Seek out better design and quality. Be hot not tacky!!
That is a good point. I would never say mean things about the person, but, when I wear a corset I want to wear a quality well made one if I'm going to push it like that

Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM

19,728 posts, read 20,271,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
If the fabric is thin and cheap, the style is too daisy duke(the check tube) or too hooker(the bustier w/studs), well you get the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9j4QnVK-s

Old 02-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Ooahh my Gawad that is so funny, too bad the kids could hear -language alert!!

But, yeah, that illustrates what I was trying to say perfectly.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
That is a good point. I would never say mean things about the person, but, when I wear a corset I want to wear a quality well made one if I'm going to push it like that
Yeah girl, push it with quality!!??!!
Honestly, I know what you meant. When you go all out that way, do it right.

That came out badly. back to my dishes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty