Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:36 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,434 times

Advertisements

OMG~Just had it done on my face for the first time. OUCH!!!!

Has anyone else here had this done? How did you deal with the pain?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
OMG~Just had it done on my face for the first time. OUCH!!!!

Has anyone else here had this done? How did you deal with the pain?

I had laser hair removal done on my chin. Not a particularly sensitive area I guess because it didn't bother me much. It also didn't work (I'm a redhead) and I ended up going the electrolysis route. Much better.

However, I did have photo facials done and that hurt sooooooooo bad. Especially the areas around the lips and on either side of the nose and along the hair line. And it hurt as bad as it did after they had me sit with numbing cream on my face for 20 minutes.

Maybe ask for a topical numbing cream next time if they didn't offer that too you. Or try taking a little Advil beforehand.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:16 PM

50 posts, read 162,440 times
I have been wanting to get this done, is it really expensive?? are you happy with the results? Is it true that you have to continue to keep it up?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
I had it done on my legs years and years ago but the memory haunts me until this day. I had pain worse than childbirth. I was in agony.
I tried EMLA cream. It did nothing for me but it may work for you. Be thankful you only had it done on a small area. Think about the pain I endured. I remember thinking that I wished my legs weren't so long while I was having the treatment.
Oh and I was told I was the perfect candidate. I have light skin and dark hair. Perfect candidate for torture I would say. I had to keep from swearing each time she applied the laser. Oh and afterwards I had redness and irritation big time.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
I had it done on my legs years and years ago but the memory haunts me until this day. I had pain worse than childbirth. I was in agony.
I tried EMLA cream. It did nothing for me but it may work for you. Be thankful you only had it done on a small area. Think about the pain I endured. I remember thinking that I wished my legs weren't so long while I was having the treatment.
Oh and I was told I was the perfect candidate. I have light skin and dark hair. Perfect candidate for torture I would say. I had to keep from swearing each time she applied the laser. Oh and afterwards I had redness and irritation big time.
I have light skin and dark hair too. The pain was agonizing. She gave me a cream to apply for next time to numb my face, but after reading the posts here I don't think I'm going back for a second time. I freak out if I get burned and my face was burned.

I guess it's back to electrolysis, even if it takes longer, at least I won't get burned and the pain of that wasn't anywhere near this pain.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia Baby View Post
I have been wanting to get this done, is it really expensive?? are you happy with the results? Is it true that you have to continue to keep it up?
Not expensive for the face. Just $100.00, but it wasn't worth it IMHO. It's supposed to take between 5-8 sessions to get rid of the hair and the maintenance every once in a while. The pain was HORRIBLE and I don't like being burned so it's back to electrolysis for me.

Thanks for replying everyone. You helped me make up my mind.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 AM

249 posts, read 824,886 times
Darn! I was hoping that this treatment was less painful now. I had it done at least 5 years ago & OMG the pain was extraordinary. I too was told I was the perfect candidate dark hair & light skin. BUT, the first session was a disaster!!! They obviously had the machine at the wrong setting, because I had such scars on my face for a week! It looked like someone took a lit cigarette to my face. They're explaination - "oh, you must have more pink in your skin then we thought!". And, this was at a doctor's office where I paid a HECK of A LOT more than $100.00 a session!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekee726 View Post
Darn! I was hoping that this treatment was less painful now. I had it done at least 5 years ago & OMG the pain was extraordinary. I too was told I was the perfect candidate dark hair & light skin. BUT, the first session was a disaster!!! They obviously had the machine at the wrong setting, because I had such scars on my face for a week! It looked like someone took a lit cigarette to my face. They're explaination - "oh, you must have more pink in your skin then we thought!". And, this was at a doctor's office where I paid a HECK of A LOT more than $100.00 a session!
You know, they should be prescribing you topical anesthetics. That is the only way I can get through my treatments, otherwise it feels like someone is shooting fire on my skin, ouch!! You shouldn't be scarring like that either, they must not know what they're doing!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM

249 posts, read 824,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
You know, they should be prescribing you topical anesthetics. That is the only way I can get through my treatments, otherwise it feels like someone is shooting fire on my skin, ouch!! You shouldn't be scarring like that either, they must not know what they're doing!
I was using topical anesthetics & Advil. Nothing worked to ease the pain. I'll stick to tweezing!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
Laser Hair Treatment is very good to remove unwanted hair. Laser Hair Removal is very effective way to get rid of unwanted hair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty