Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:12 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,830,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
It looks really silly seeing a guy's tiny little legs, when they are skinny and don't even have any muscle mass on their legs, why try to show off your skinny shapeless legs? Is having skinny legs supposed to be a good thing now?

It's just a trend. A decade or two down the road people will be laughing at it. Just like disco, hair metal, etc.

95% of the people out there think skinny jeans look ridiculous. It's become the fashion joke of our time.

But hey, I give you guys credit. It takes guts to walk out the door looking like that.

And don't even give me that BS that they are comfortable. I've worn them before and they are not comfortable at all. And you can't even fit anything in the pockets.

It's all about being trendy. Some guys who wear them have an exhibitionist fetish for showing off their package to everyone.

Question: how many of you skinny jeans dudes here are hipsters? Probably a lot of you.
Not a dude, but...

a) If 95% of people actually thought they were ridiculous, they probably wouldn't be so popular or readily available.
b) These days, the sign of the hipster is the keffiyah, not necessarily skinny jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,489,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
It looks really silly seeing a guy's tiny little legs, when they are skinny and don't even have any muscle mass on their legs, why try to show off your skinny shapeless legs? Is having skinny legs supposed to be a good thing now?

It's just a trend. A decade or two down the road people will be laughing at it. Just like disco, hair metal, etc.

95% of the people out there think skinny jeans look ridiculous. It's become the fashion joke of our time.

But hey, I give you guys credit. It takes guts to walk out the door looking like that.

And don't even give me that BS that they are comfortable. I've worn them before and they are not comfortable at all. And you can't even fit anything in the pockets.

It's all about being trendy. Some guys who wear them have an exhibitionist fetish for showing off their package to everyone.

Question: how many of you skinny jeans dudes here are hipsters? Probably a lot of you.
It used to be that girls were into muscular guys that wore baggy pants. But times have changed. Now they're into skinny guys in tight pants. Just look at the celebrities that the young people are into these days. Like it or not, celebrities are a big influence on fashion. You're right, it takes guts to wear them, and that's what makes it so attractive. They are comfortable. Who's opinion would you trust more? Me, someone that has worn them so many times I lost count? Or you, someone that wore them once and probably doesn't even have the right body type to wear them? If you've worn them and found them uncomfortable, you probably have big legs. Like I said, skinny jeans are not meant for people with big legs. I have no problem fitting stuff in the pockets. I can't fit quite as much in the pockets of skinny jeans as I could in the pockets of baggy pants. But I can fit what I need in the pockets. Fitting stuff in the pockets of actual girlpants, now that's a different story...and I speak from experience.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,978,401 times
I think the OP just wanted some help in finding the sort of jeans her son likes to wear, as opposed to a whole debate over whether guys should be wearing those sorts of jeans or not.

It's pretty simple. If you don't like something, don't wear it. It shouldn't really be our highest priority to purge the world of men who wear skinny jeans.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:42 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,978,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
It used to be that girls were into muscular guys that wore baggy pants. But times have changed. Now they're into skinny guys in tight pants. Just look at the celebrities that the young people are into these days. Like it or not, celebrities are a big influence on fashion. You're right, it takes guts to wear them, and that's what makes it so attractive. They are comfortable. Who's opinion would you trust more? Me, someone that has worn them so many times I lost count? Or you, someone that wore them once and probably doesn't even have the right body type to wear them? If you've worn them and found them uncomfortable, you probably have big legs. Like I said, skinny jeans are not meant for people with big legs. I have no problem fitting stuff in the pockets. I can't fit quite as much in the pockets of skinny jeans as I could in the pockets of baggy pants. But I can fit what I need in the pockets. Fitting stuff in the pockets of actual girlpants, now that's a different story...and I speak from experience.
You're right about needing to have skinny legs. I'm a runner and biker, so my upper legs have become relatively thick. There's no way I could wear those skinny jeans, even if I wanted to.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,433,515 times
Skinny jeans don't look good on ANYONE (male, female, skinny or fat) IMHO.

Oh, but if you are looking for some for your son, I would look at Pacific Sunwear and The Buckle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty