Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times

Advertisements

When I first put my concealer on in the morning it is fresh and smooth, but by about the middle of the day it is very dry and cracked and seeps into my little under eye wrinkles, making them appear more obvious.

I am using a very expensive brand, but it still does this. Is there any way to avoid it? I thought about putting some more moisturising sunscreen under my eyes (my primer) later in the day then reapplying the concealer so it is fresh again, would that work or would it look too “topped up”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Do you think you are using too much concealer or powder?Or maybe the wrong formulation for your skin?

Your product combo can do this too. Try a different primer under the eye and use less of the concealer and powder.

You can refresh your make up with a refresher spray and try the "press and roll" with a tissue to re-smooth.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,762 times
A good way to avoid this is by using moisturizer and mineral powder only. A lot of liquid/paste foundations and concealers will either dry up and crack or gather or will remain very oily through the entire day; you won't have this happen with a mineral powder. The trick is to build up very thin layers of the powder. Once you have concealed your undereye circles, wait about 5-10 minutes, then pat down the powder with your hands or a "powder puff" to eliminate the look of makeup sitting on top of your skin.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
You can also try smashbox. That brand has never caked for me.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
A good way to avoid this is by using moisturizer and mineral powder only. A lot of liquid/paste foundations and concealers will either dry up and crack or gather or will remain very oily through the entire day; you won't have this happen with a mineral powder. The trick is to build up very thin layers of the powder. Once you have concealed your undereye circles, wait about 5-10 minutes, then pat down the powder with your hands or a "powder puff" to eliminate the look of makeup sitting on top of your skin.
This is much easier to refresh with the spray + press and roll too.

I suggest a primer underneath though to keep the area hydrated and give the minerals something to stick too. Mineral is more drying than conventional concealers.

I like the "baby kabuki" (much smaller than a regular one) to apply this stuff.

What mineral concealer do you use? I always like to try new stuff out. Thanks!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
I wear "Bobby Brown". It doesn't crack.

I've had this problem before. I was applying too much.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
This is much easier to refresh with the spray + press and roll too.

I suggest a primer underneath though to keep the area hydrated and give the minerals something to stick too. Mineral is more drying than conventional concealers.

I like the "baby kabuki" (much smaller than a regular one) to apply this stuff.

What mineral concealer do you use? I always like to try new stuff out. Thanks!
I have used Bare Escentuals, but it can look a little heavy. Right now I am using Loreal's pressed Bare Naturale powder and it is barely noticable that I have makeup on. I generally break out from mass market brands, but for the past 3 months I have been using Loreal and I haven't broken out yet. Definitely worth a try. I will probably be trying this next: Sephora: Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set: Loose Powder

Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM

85 posts, read 104,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
When I first put my concealer on in the morning it is fresh and smooth, but by about the middle of the day it is very dry and cracked and seeps into my little under eye wrinkles, making them appear more obvious.

I am using a very expensive brand, but it still does this. Is there any way to avoid it? I thought about putting some more moisturising sunscreen under my eyes (my primer) later in the day then reapplying the concealer so it is fresh again, would that work or would it look too “topped up”?
I have a similar problem with cracking - but with acne instead. Clinique makes a fantastic concealer with a brush-wand style applicator. You turn it until it "clicks" and the right amount of foundation beads up into the brush. You can then apply as much or as little as you like. When I am "dressed up," I will use concealer, and this is the only type I can use that doesn't draw *more* attention to the acne. What I like about it is a) you control exactly how much you apply, and b) it's neither oily nor dry, but a nice, neutral texture that hides a variety of skin flaws.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 8,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I wear "Bobby Brown". It doesn't crack.

I've had this problem before. I was applying too much.

I use the Bobbi Brown Corrector an Creamy Concealer but I still have the cracking problem.. It makes the eyeliner smear all over the under eye area and it ends up looking patchy.. Am I doing anything wrong?

Every night I apply a moisturising undereye cream and in the morning, I always apply MAC's Moisturelush under eye cream and let it dry for a while before applying the concealer but I still have this problem.

I do hope I don't have to change my concealer as this is the only brand that had the shades that suit my skin. I found this with a lot of difficulty.. :S

Hope I get to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,345,213 times
I like the mineral powders...gave up all the liquids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty