Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do I do with the shirt?
Yes, keep it! 37 80.43%
No, trash it ASAP, kemosabe! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times

Advertisements

Hmmm don't really care if a dude wears pink or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:06 PM

95 posts, read 161,151 times
I recently bought this shirt and wear in public from time to time:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...l&tid=22134858

No one seems to have a problem with it and it's super-cute and comfortable.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,259,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
everything a man puts on is scrutinized, by us here.we really need to get over this already....

european men have such a better outlook on this type of stuff....everything here in America, is like "oh that looks gay".....they always go there....ugh already....and as a gay man, it pisses my ass off !!!

oh, and I look good in Pink, and trust me, nobody is going to tease me......
Cracks me up! But seriously, pink is better accepted on a young adult or adult male than it would be on a baby, toddler or young boy (even other countries I notice they follow this "American?" trend when it comes to babies). I don't know who was responsible for starting that trend but it must have been established decades ago. I think it's silly to choose gender-based colors.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 AM

18,492 posts, read 31,705,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
Cracks me up! But seriously, pink is better accepted on a young adult or adult male than it would be on a baby, toddler or young boy (even other countries I notice they follow this "American?" trend when it comes to babies). I don't know who was responsible for starting that trend but it must have been established decades ago. I think it's silly to choose gender-based colors.

your right !! anyway, most colors I think a person has to go by their skin color as to what looks good on them......

but I will agree, baby boys need blue and baby girls need pink, I guess i am not as open minded as I thought i was................eek !!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,370,343 times
Pink is totally acceptable for guys. Just wont work with as many clothing options as say blue so more discretions needs to be exercised. Button down shirts, polo's, tee's are fine, but say pink baseball cap, not so much.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:19 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh, and I look good in Pink, and trust me, nobody is going to tease me......
Dang, I love a secure man! You rock.

Secure = Sexy

Old 07-01-2011, 10:36 AM

946 posts, read 2,920,980 times
They "say" real men who are secure with their masculinity have no problem wearing pink or feminine colors. I disagree. You could as easily wear black, blue, or green... why choose a feminine color such as pink? It has nothing to do with ones masculinity. Sorry but I just can't take a man wearing a purple or pink shirt seriously. I don't know what's with that trend among young guys nowadays. It should be outlawed lol.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,767,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
They "say" real men who are secure with their masculinity have no problem wearing pink or feminine colors. I disagree. You could as easily wear black, blue, or green... why choose a feminine color such as pink? It has nothing to do with ones masculinity. Sorry but I just can't take a man wearing a purple or pink shirt seriously. I don't know what's with that trend among young guys nowadays. It should be outlawed lol.
Becoz a brownie like me does "real" justice to colours like pink, white and light turquoise.

Dudes from my part of the world have wonderful skin texture which takes pink to a whole new level

Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM

946 posts, read 2,920,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Becoz a brownie like me does "real" justice to colours like pink, white and light turquoise.

Dudes from my part of the world have wonderful skin texture which takes pink to a whole new level
I guess it also depends on the shirt. I know while I was in a certain part of the world, I noticed a lot of guys wearing bright pink shirts and cardigans- it turned me off so much I didn't care how good-looking the guy was. There was a trend for men to wear feminized clothes. But someone on this thread posted a dress shirt with light pink stripes and I find that acceptable. It all depends I guess.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 AM

151 posts, read 613,303 times
I'm a man and I love to wear bright and colorful clothing. They look good on and bring out your best features. In fact, I have a pair of short pink fuchsia shorts I wear about once a week. They are actually men's swimming trunks, but you would never know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty