Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,380,348 times

Advertisements

I really like the slimmer fit skinnyish type jeans. Have tried them on and they look fine. BUT The problem is: I don't want to look NAKED! I'm a mom to a teenager. Just a close in to the body fit with about 3% spandex, and they need to be long cause I am tall. Any suggestions for skinny/straightish jeans that come in tall.

Here we go again, did some brick and mortar shopping all last week.

Have tried Gap, Jessica Simpson, Ann Taylor, Level 99, and some more that I don't recall. Was even willing to shell out gasp...$100 if they FIT. But nothing fit and met my criteria. They were either too short, too hard of a material, smelled weird or were so snug it looked like I had painted on legs or something.

BTW, just ordered some cargo pants from Buckle - should be here soon. My first time ordering from them. Buckle was a suggestion from a prior thread looking for cute clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,410,489 times
A little more $$, but check out Joe's Jeans. I'm 6'1" (generally look for 36" inseams) and had luck with their Chelsea cut.

Also Rock & Republic has worked well for me, although I haven't tried any of the skinny cuts yet.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,827,994 times
It might sound weird, but try American Eagle. Yes, your teenager might be shopping there too... but their straight-legged jeans aren't really age specific, and they offer tall sizes. They're pretty well made, I personally like the denim they use, and there's no weird smell from what I've encountered.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,149,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
It might sound weird, but try American Eagle. Yes, your teenager might be shopping there too... but their straight-legged jeans aren't really age specific, and they offer tall sizes. They're pretty well made, I personally like the denim they use, and there's no weird smell from what I've encountered.
I agree. I shop for my jeans at American Eagle sometimes and I'm happy with the way their straight-legged jeans fit me. Every now and then I'll even get a cute crop top from there if I want a matching outfit, but yea, their jeans are great.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:49 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,562,513 times
Yeah, Joes Jeans has the best skinny jeans for tall girls imo too.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Thanks everyone!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:27 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,281,119 times
Look for 1% too. 3% is what can make it clingy/naked looking.

I like this one from Macy's because it classic and just under 50bucks:
INC International Concepts Jeans, Curvy Fit Skinny Leg Five Pocket, Indigo Wash - Skinny Jeans Fit Jeans - Women's - Macy's

That one only has a 31 inseam but would work well with bare ankles and flats as long as the crotch fit. (Audry H)

Levi's has a nice pair that goes all the way to 34 inseam with a bit of fabric at the ankle:
Levi's Bold Curve Skinny Jean - Glazed - By Wash

60 bucks

Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Look for 1% too. 3% is what can make it clingy/naked looking.
How does one know these things, 1% versus 3%? Laugh . Thanks, makes sense.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:23 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree. I shop for my jeans at American Eagle sometimes and I'm happy with the way their straight-legged jeans fit me. Every now and then I'll even get a cute crop top from there if I want a matching outfit, but yea, their jeans are great.
Another vote for AE. I LOVE their jeans. Been wearing them for years!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,502,126 times
It is nice when you can find a brand that has the perfect jeans for your own body shape. But, it is becoming more and more difficult as brands shift their manufacturing from one company to another. It is not uncommon for two pair of jeans from the same reailer to be made in two different places. And, while they make them to the retailer's specs, they are not really all the same.

A solution is to shop for fabric and style and have a real tailor (not the dry cleaner's repair person) do the final adjustments. I've convinced a couple of generations of girlfriends to try it the way men do it and see if it works. It does. So you spend $60 at the tailor on a $50 pair of jeans but at least they are not just one of the twenty pairs in your closet that you don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty