Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 16,746 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! just updating my thread.
I have been here since June 21 it is now August 8.
I am having an amzing experience. I love my job, new friends, and the random people Ive met. Lots of nice people!
Lots of nice bars Ive gone to and went to the lake on the fourth. Down town is fun. Very awesome town! Perfect size for me not to small or to big. Nothing like california but it depends on your personality... I am personally having an awesome time.
Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 10:04 PM

4 posts, read 16,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
My wife is Filipina American. She has lots of asian friends here in Fargo and they get together almost every weekend and celebrate something. There is always a ton of food when they get together.

Which country is your heritage? There are lots of people of all nationalities here in Fargo. You will be treated well.
The Asian American Market and the Lotus Blossum market are pretty well stocked. Not like California, but not bad for this area.

Hi! I am filipino as well. I have seen a few asians but all seem to be immigrants still with the accent. But thank you i will check out the Lotus market!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:55 AM

25 posts, read 55,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffykins003 View Post
Hi everyone! just updating my thread.
I have been here since June 21 it is now August 8.
I am having an amzing experience. I love my job, new friends, and the random people Ive met. Lots of nice people!
Lots of nice bars Ive gone to and went to the lake on the fourth. Down town is fun. Very awesome town! Perfect size for me not to small or to big. Nothing like california but it depends on your personality... I am personally having an awesome time.
Thanks everyone!
Glad to hear back from you! I'm happy you like it so far.....I say so far because the winter is just around the corner...I would like to hear from you in January. I think you will be fine, just keep that car in the garage.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,063 times
Default fargo

Fargo is very racist whites thinks that North Dakota is a white only state I am an African American, the biggest mistake I made was moving to Fargo. They are Fake people, hypocrite, most of them claims to be a Christian but stay hate people because of the color of their skin. I can't wait to leave this place

Old 02-28-2016, 05:16 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,062,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachbaby31 View Post
Fargo is very racist whites thinks that North Dakota is a white only state I am an African American, the biggest mistake I made was moving to Fargo. They are Fake people, hypocrite, most of them claims to be a Christian but stay hate people because of the color of their skin. I can't wait to leave this place
Can you please elaborate on what led you to this conclusion? What sorts of experiences did you have?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:06 PM

90 posts, read 263,010 times
I live in Fargo.
As far as your car goes, it's not too bad. It's been a mild winter, a few days in the double digit negatives. Block heaters are easy to install if you're mechanic savvy. Otherwise, not too expensive at a shop.
There are a few mean people around. But overall, a nice community. I am 26 and have lived all over the south, and just moved back from the east coast. I have lived in Fargo 20 of my 26 years.
You'll grow in quick. Crime is going up but it's not as bad as one would think.
Good luck. Any questions let me know

Old 03-05-2016, 03:56 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,062,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanCarlson13 View Post
It's been a mild winter, a few days in the double digit negatives.
I think it's been an extraordinary winter. It's as though we didn't have a winter.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM

392 posts, read 1,067,815 times
My brother used to live in Fargo. I'll give you my straight up, honest opinion. Good luck.

You have the rest of the world, and then you have the Fargo-Moorhead area, which you might as well build a giant bubble around. It is like its own planet. It's flat, the Red River floods a lot, and winters are VERY VERY cold.

In my travels to the Fargo-Moorhead area, I found people to be very insular, unriendly, and hoity-toity. Basically, the only time a local will talk to you is when they're panhandling money from you to buy alcohol/drugs, as there are many addicts in Fargo. Granted, Fargo is not the only place on Earth where this problem exists, but with everywhere I've been, I feel like I've been shaken down for change in Fargo more than anywhere else.

I will say this much, employment is not a hard thing to find in that area. But with so many new people coming in to the Fargo-Moorhead area, one screwup is all it would take for one to likely find themselves out of a job, to be replaced by any of the large lists of other applicants.

And, judging by my brother's experience, where it took him almost three months to find an apartment due to his not so perfect credit, you better hope you have an 800 credit score before you even consider applying for an apartment in Fargo-Moorhead. Oh, and did I mention said apartments are expensive, too?

All it took was a couple trips up there to discourage me from ever considering moving there. And this is coming from a guy who's been to the worst parts of Detroit, Cleveland, and Philadelphia. I would live in the most crime-ridden, run down areas of any of those three cities before I would ever consider living in Fargo.

Oh, and don't dare so much as mumble a discouraging word about NDSU football under your breath, or else you will be ostracized by the whole city.

My opinion? "You betcha".

Old 06-15-2016, 03:20 PM

You will fit in just fine here, along with the thousands of other people moving from California and other states, which is quite frankly overpopulating the area. Just don't tell people you just moved here from Cali..
As far as winters, expect worse than Chicago. It gets very windy and cold sometimes. You will be just fine.
The crime has gotten worse, but not as bad as some Cali cities in sure

Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguykc View Post
My brother used to live in Fargo. I'll give you my straight up, honest opinion. Good luck.

You have the rest of the world, and then you have the Fargo-Moorhead area, which you might as well build a giant bubble around. It is like its own planet. It's flat, the Red River floods a lot, and winters are VERY VERY cold.

In my travels to the Fargo-Moorhead area, I found people to be very insular, unriendly, and hoity-toity. Basically, the only time a local will talk to you is when they're panhandling money from you to buy alcohol/drugs, as there are many addicts in Fargo. Granted, Fargo is not the only place on Earth where this problem exists, but with everywhere I've been, I feel like I've been shaken down for change in Fargo more than anywhere else.

I will say this much, employment is not a hard thing to find in that area. But with so many new people coming in to the Fargo-Moorhead area, one screwup is all it would take for one to likely find themselves out of a job, to be replaced by any of the large lists of other applicants.

And, judging by my brother's experience, where it took him almost three months to find an apartment due to his not so perfect credit, you better hope you have an 800 credit score before you even consider applying for an apartment in Fargo-Moorhead. Oh, and did I mention said apartments are expensive, too?

All it took was a couple trips up there to discourage me from ever considering moving there. And this is coming from a guy who's been to the worst parts of Detroit, Cleveland, and Philadelphia. I would live in the most crime-ridden, run down areas of any of those three cities before I would ever consider living in Fargo.

Oh, and don't dare so much as mumble a discouraging word about NDSU football under your breath, or else you will be ostracized by the whole city.

My opinion? "You betcha".
Okay this, makes you look like an idiot. You are wrong on almost everything you said. I have lived in Fargo 20 years. I'll correct your mistakes.
There aren't many panhandlers. Very few. And they won't bug you.
It isn't hard to get an apartment with a mid-low credit score. I know many people who have bad credit but easily rent an apartment in their own name. Don't go by your brothers bad credit and the one who probably got denied because of his personal issues. And they aren't expensive. Sure, there ARE expensive ones.. If you look for them. There are 2 bedroom 2 bathroom expenses paid apartments for $650 right now, many of them.
I'd like to know where the "run down" areas are? It's a clean city with no "ghetto" and nothing even close to those dirtbag cities like Detroit and Chicago. You are completely mistaken and spilling false information.
And I completely disagree with the "discouraging words about NDSU" part. I attend NDSU. I hate NDSU bison football. Sure they're the best FCS in the history of FCS football and currently 5 time consecutive champions, but I absolutely hate everything about NDSU football and I talk down about it ALL the time to everyone. Nobody does anything or says anything.

OP, don't listen to this guy, he hasn't lived in Fargo. He's just an uneducated idiot who baffles bad things that he can't have.
Oh and I see he's from Erie PA. I used to live out near there, horrible place. Now I see why he said all those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo