Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:43 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,991,570 times

Advertisements

I cant believe it. I have taken baby bonding time off work to take care of my daughter and have been having trouble getting to the gym. I have a fairly nice gym in my garage but havent been really working out because its been too hot for a baby there. Been in the 90s for a few weeks now.

I got on the scale and it said 172lbs. I havent been 172lbs in years. Wife says she likes me better thinner like this because my waist smaller but I still have that "V" shape. I think I feel better/stronger at around 185lbs.

All I really do is cardio in the mornings at 5:00am and maybe some yoga or taichi later in the afternoon and plyometrics occasionally at night. Havent touched a weight (barbell/dumbell) in a weeks. If I keep this up, I'll waste away.

Ive got to make some more time for weight lifting but its near impossible with a 7 month old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 PM

78,625 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I cant believe it. I have taken baby bonding time off work to take care of my daughter and have been having trouble getting to the gym. I have a fairly nice gym in my garage but havent been really working out because its been too hot for a baby there. Been in the 90s for a few weeks now.

I got on the scale and it said 172lbs. I havent been 172lbs in years. Wife says she likes me better thinner like this because my waist smaller but I still have that "V" shape. I think I feel better/stronger at around 185lbs.

All I really do is cardio in the mornings at 5:00am and maybe some yoga or taichi later in the afternoon and plyometrics occasionally at night. Havent touched a weight (barbell/dumbell) in a weeks. If I keep this up, I'll waste away.

Ive got to make some more time for weight lifting but its near impossible with a 7 month old.
Next time she takes a nap...hit the weights hard for a bit....baby's gotta sleep sometime. Then again, so do you.

WARNING: I used to be 5'9 170ish (very very fit, 6-pack abs etc) before kids....then I got fat and am on the road to recovery now (years later).
If you have to give up something, give up the weights (maybe mix in light wieghts with cardio), stay lean and mean and bulk up later when you get time. As you get older MOST guys stop talking about bulk and more about being fit and toned.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,289,125 times
Uh oh...better hope its habit on not age...something else starts getting skinny too!
LOL

Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,991,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Uh oh...better hope its habit on not age...something else starts getting skinny too!
LOL
That could be a good thing. Right now its just waay too much for most people to handle.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:32 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,174,670 times
Awwww...DaBeez is a busy daddy that's adorable btw.

Anyway~ I know you love your workouts so i'm guessing working out is something you really do miss and want to get back to right? Well, consider it you time....you have to keep a balance especially when you have small kids, otherwise you'll go crazy.....take an hour every other day and just dedicate it to your workout.....even if you just do 15-20 mins of cardio and the rest weight training....at least it's enough for you to maintain.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,810,536 times
wow you never hear this from a dad, this is what mothers fight with all the time. reclaiming your own down time. perhaps you and your wife could trade off.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 PM

681 posts, read 2,880,094 times
Whenever I get too skinny, I merely raise my intake of pepperoni pizza and hamburgers. Oh wait... I haven't been "too skinny" since I was 10... probably because of the pepperoni pizza and hamburgers. :-)

Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,757,663 times
It could be worse... Like what happened to Arnold Schwarzenegger's body!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,914,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

Yo,D..you claim to do exercise 3 times a day !! trash the yogo and LIFT some bad ass weights....no brainer!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,174,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Yo,D..you claim to do exercise 3 times a day !! trash the yogo and LIFT some bad ass weights....no brainer!
Good Morning Happy!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness