Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I never had any time to get to the Caspian in my travels. On google earth there's some places but they're not developed and still wild which is not a bad thing at all. We need a lot of what Russia still has undeveloped and wild. I definitely want to tour the Blacksea coast in Turkey too.
I was there ONCE ( which felt to me like three times - first one, last one and never again ) in Baku.
I personally wouldn't want to have vacation on Caspian - to me it reeks of oil.
Now Black Sea is a whole different story.
I think I posted these pics before, but I still can't help but thinking of those places, even though the last I've heard they've rebuilt town in a near-by location...

Abandoned Russian Riviera: Resort Paradise to Ruins [46 PICS]

P.S. Besides quite honestly I think that Russians just suck in hospitality industry)))

They have a lot going on for them, they have a lot of other redeeming qualities, just not this particular side of life)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 01:59 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. Besides quite honestly I think that Russians just suck in hospitality industry)))

They have a lot going on for them, they have a lot of other redeeming qualities, just not this particular side of life)))
Unfortunately it's true. And a large number of holiday-maker's do not help improve the situation.

Miskhor couple day ago:

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...1069003316.jpg
Yalta yesterday:

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...bd34720310.jpg

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...e36f0e36e3.jpg

And the number will increase when the bridge will built.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:10 AM

And I noticed an amazing toleration to Ukrainian. Sometimes I saw Ukrainian telephones (+380) and even Ukrainian passport covers on a shelves of souvenirs, with a conditional picture of map where Crimea is part of Ukraine.

Like this:

http://images.ua.prom.st/182288666_w...a_zelyonyj.jpg

Old 07-01-2017, 01:35 PM

And I understood a typical disgruntled person in the Crimea. This person was born in the Crimea (or lives there for many decades). He\she (or his\her parents) has a plot of land to which they illegally added two or three of the same plots (preferably with part of a beach area). Or he\she has an illegal point of sale or tourist attractions. And he\she hates Russia, because his\her (in his\her understanding) lands is returned to the state or illegal activities is closed.

+++
Photos

Old 07-01-2017, 04:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
And I understood a typical disgruntled person in the Crimea. This person was born in the Crimea (or lives there for many decades). He\she (or his\her parents) has a plot of land to which they illegally added two or three of the same plots (preferably with part of a beach area). Or he\she has an illegal point of sale or tourist attractions. And he\she hates Russia, because his\her (in his\her understanding) lands is returned to the state or illegal activities is closed.

+++
Photos
That's just so sad. I guess its hard to steal things fair and square over there.

Anyway the area I was referring to earlier is the Anapa, Tuapse area. It seems so nice and laid back.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Ha-ha Maxim. If it were THAT simple. Of course corruption Moscow-style came in Crimea as well, keeping in mind the coveted real estate in Crimea.
You can find plenty of discussions and plenty videos about it on FB.

This just an example.
So I believe the first comment on that particular video, adressing the Crimea's inhabitants;

"Вы - наивные люди еще узнаете всё, что знаем мы - живущие в РФ постоянно. Прежде, чем прыгать и радоваться, вы бы наши законы изучили сначала... Спросили народ, а уже потом за русский язык начали борьбу.. Теперь вас сгонят, вилы построят, огородят пруды и пляжи, потом начнут брать за это мзду. Мы уже за грибы скоро из леса будем платить. За каждый гриб! Капитализм пришел.. А капитал сказал: - Я все отберу, я всё скуплю, я всех заставлю работать на меня! Кто откажется - либо посажу, либо сдохнет на помойке.

"You naive people, are yet to learn everything that we know by now, those of us who live in Russian Federation. Before jumping from joy ( reference to joining Russia,) you should have learned our laws. You should have asked the people, and only after that start fighting for the rights of Russian language. Now you will be evicted from your lands, there will be villas constructed instead, then they will put the fences around the lakes and the beaches and will make you to pay for entrance. Soon we might be paying for the mushroom gathered in the forest too. For every mushroom! Capitalism has arrived. And Capital has said: "I will take everything, I'll buy everything and will force everyone to work for me. And if you refuse - you'll either go to jail or will die at the dumpster."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_q50tG2zAU

So while I am not saying that they SHOULDN"T have joined Russia, the picture after they DID join is not all that rosy.
And sorry, I don't believe what you believe in - i.e. that "Donbass was not all unanimous as Crimea when it came to joining Russia."
Number one - Crimea was not all that "unanimous" either. SEBASTOPOL was. But Sebastopol doesn't = the whole Crimea. And I've heard everything Strelkov said about the situation in Eastern Ukraine, when he was there first. And it was NOT what official Putin's propaganda machine would love everyone to believe now. So I stand by my words that Crimea was taken back because of its strategical importance, but Donbass was betrayed because Putin's "economic advisers" talked him out of it, citing "unnecessary expenses." And that's why people are still dying there.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:33 PM

P.S. Here is one of the proofs that the whole Eastern Ukraine fiasco is the result of the job of Putin's "economic advisers."

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-needs.../28589355.html

Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ha-ha Maxim. If it were THAT simple. Of course corruption Moscow-style came in Crimea as well, keeping in mind the coveted real estate in Crimea.
You can find plenty of discussions and plenty videos about it on FB.

This just an example.
So I believe the first comment on that particular video, adressing the Crimea's inhabitants;

"Вы - наивные люди еще узнаете всё, что знаем мы - живущие в РФ постоянно. Прежде, чем прыгать и радоваться, вы бы наши законы изучили сначала... Спросили народ, а уже потом за русский язык начали борьбу.. Теперь вас сгонят, вилы построят, огородят пруды и пляжи, потом начнут брать за это мзду. Мы уже за грибы скоро из леса будем платить. За каждый гриб! Капитализм пришел.. А капитал сказал: - Я все отберу, я всё скуплю, я всех заставлю работать на меня! Кто откажется - либо посажу, либо сдохнет на помойке.

"You naive people, are yet to learn everything that we know by now, those of us who live in Russian Federation. Before jumping from joy ( reference to joining Russia,) you should have learned our laws. You should have asked the people, and only after that start fighting for the rights of Russian language. Now you will be evicted from your lands, there will be villas constructed instead, then they will put the fences around the lakes and the beaches and will make you to pay for entrance. Soon we might be paying for the mushroom gathered in the forest too. For every mushroom! Capitalism has arrived. And Capital has said: "I will take everything, I'll buy everything and will force everyone to work for me. And if you refuse - you'll either go to jail or will die at the dumpster."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_q50tG2zAU
Disorder and "capitalism" in the Crimea began long before the arrival of Russia. And we do not have full information on this issue. This may to lead to incorrect conclusions

link to forum sevastopol
+
vittaliia.livejournal.com/2324.html

Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
The atrocities of Russian soldiers in Syria. 18+

https://youtu.be/wXXC-Im84DI

Old 07-02-2017, 01:23 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
The atrocities of Russian soldiers in Syria. 18+

https://youtu.be/wXXC-Im84DI
Strongly I doubt that these are Russian soldiers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe