Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 05:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Thanx!
Russian foodstuffs in supermarkets/grocery stores is bad. I cant imagine how they eat every day. I have been in Russia with educational mission for several months and have own experience. The only thing that I liked is the fish and caviar.
I found their food to be quite a lot better than what I had available to me here in the US. Mainly fresher and unprocessed. I really don't think you know what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I found their food to be quite a lot better than what I had available to me here in the US. Mainly fresher and unprocessed. I really don't think you know what you're talking about.
It's unbelievable. Maybe you have US-merchandised in "dollar tree"?

Old 10-31-2016, 06:59 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
I would like to Moscovites-Mongols didnt interfere in the affairs of true Rus-Ukraine. And what to do Ukrainian people is their own business and doesnt conchern you.
There is no such thing as "true Rus-Ukraine" - these are all the delusions of "patriotic Ukrainians," and that's one of the reasons I've mentioned that it feels like they are on some kind of drugs, spewing all this nonsense.
I DO understand situation of Ukrainians in post-Soviet times; I understand the hardship, the desire to change their lot, to be "part of Europe" rather than Putin's Russia - I understand it all, the problem however is that there are objective reasons why it's not possible. "Patriotic Ukrainians" seem to be oblivious to practical matters and common sense; they are like dumb children that create "make believe" stories and throw tantrums, when confronted regarding validity of their stories. When validity of their "make-believe" stories is questioned, it immediately becomes all about "Putin's propaganda" and "evil Russia."
Oh boy.
Of course I want to ask sometimes "how old are you ppl." (*sigh*)

Old 10-31-2016, 07:24 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I DO understand situation of Ukrainians in post-Soviet times;
I agree with some of your thesis. Let me ask you, how do you know so well the situation in Russia and in Ukraine? On the basis of which data you drew the conclusion? It looks too emotional.
PS: If the story was not that it should be invented. The nation must have its own symbols and reasons for pride. But the historical truth is much closer to Ukrainian objectively. Just accept this fact, even if its very hard, I know. And when the collapse last moscow myth, like a berlins wall, you will not be shocked as other adepts of kremlin lilliPutian.
12 Years of Putin in 2 Minutes
https://youtu.be/JzGo4c6U8os

Last edited by Alec Solano; 10-31-2016 at 07:37 PM..

Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
I agree with some of your thesis. Let me ask you, how do you know so well the situation in Russia and in Ukraine? On the basis of which data you drew the conclusion? It looks too emotional.
What "emotional?"
I've read THIS before any major events in Ukraine. It was quite insightful, I didn't need to know more, it gave me a good understanding of a situation in Ukraine. It was not too different from Russia during Yeltsin's times.

Quote:
PS: If the story was not that it should be invented. The nation must have its own symbols and reasons for pride.
As long as those "symbols" and "pride" are for the right reasons. If not, it leads to a disaster.

Quote:
But the historical truth is much closer to Ukrainian objectively.
Unfortunately for "patriotic Ukrainians" it's not. Historical facts are a harsh thing.

Quote:
Just accept this fact, even if its very hard, I know. And when the collapse last moscow myth, like a berlins wall, you will not be shocked as other adepts of kremlin
I don't understand what you are saying, sorry.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:13 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it's not.
If they were keeping all this crap for themselves, then yes sure, who cares, but they are peddling this crap to the rest of the world and inviting the Western powers ( Americans first of all) to get involved and get aggressive with Russia, and what's even worse - the "volunteers," that are coming to kill people in Donbass.

They are an independent country, they can do what they want.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:15 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times
Quote:
As in scrubbing toilets in the "civilized world?"
I wish you'd turn your brains on before "turning to latin alphabet."

This would work much better for "civilized world" I'd say)))

Their business, even if they want to adopt Chinese.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:23 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not sure what you mean, here. All I ever buy from US grocers is fresh and unprocessed. The problem I have with grocery shopping in Russia is that there's not much available for fresh veggies. I had no problem before, adjusting to the local diet--who doesn't like Russian food? But now that I'm older, I have a more restricted diet, and can't do starches. I'm more dependent on green veggies and protein.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
They are an independent country,
No, they USED to be an "independent country," until Americans got involved.

Quote:
they can do what they want.
Sure, and so can Russia, when an attempt is made to use the neighboring country against her geopolitical interests.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Their business, even if they want to adopt Chinese.
Of course they can. It's just funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe