Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 06:37 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Fear is getting out of hand. The two militaries held talks to avoid overreacting.

Chief of general of Russian military held talks with US counterpart

But of course.

The bleating idiots are hoping that Americans will bring the boots on the ground and will fight Russian military directly on their behalf.

That's why they are whipping up all this hysteria lately about the "Russian aggression," while targeting civilians and destroying infrastructure right and left.
That's their wet dream, since they know that they don't stand a chance on their own when it comes to fighting Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
More information. Some of it is old news but some isn't.

I think that in the discussion between the reps a lot of thing were made clear. One being the US would get further involved. I think the US is already involved and logistics are already set up. I would bet on it.

Reptiles do not respect weakness. That's opportunity to them. I think that for now things will remain deadlocked but in the not too distant future there will be a conflict.

From what I see on-line ( both in official videos from DNR and from what people are saying in comments,) Russia is already integrating LDNR step by step on both levels - economically and in terms of the citizenship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzgA551yhI

Old 04-04-2021, 07:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
From what I see on-line ( both in official videos from DNR and from what people are saying in comments,) Russia is already integrating LDNR step by step on both levels - economically and in terms of the citizenship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzgA551yhI
I thought they gave the people of LNR/DNR passports a long time ago.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I thought they gave the people of LNR/DNR passports a long time ago.

To SOME of them, yes. ( Not sure what's the percentage.)

But not to everyone that want them.

That's a lot of paperwork, ( and background checks) since it looks like quite a few people still don't have LDNR passports.
And they need to have those before getting Russian passports.

That's what I see in this video.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:47 PM

"5-year-old killed

A Ukrainian drone attack killed a five-year-old boy and injured his 66-year-old grandmother in a village some 15 kilometers from the frontline in eastern Ukraine on Saturday, local media reported.
The drone was used to throw an explosive device into the yard of the family home in the village of Oleksandrivsk in the Donetsk separatist region, the reports said."

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-france...int/a-57095476

Yep.

Finally, at least someone in the Western media is reporting SOMETHING on what the Ukrs are doing in the area, vs the usual drill of the "Russian aggression in Ukraine."

Old 04-04-2021, 11:03 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Except its inaccurate to call Oleksandrivsk 15km from the front line. It's right on the front line! There are literally trenches and firing positions inside of the town and 1km to the west is the Ukrainian front line. What is a 6 year old kid doing at a house at the front lines when 'rebels' are shooting mortars? Better yet, what are they doing shooting mortars from inside a town for? All it said was "according to local media" which means according to DNR fake news anyway.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:11 PM
DKM

Nothing is stopping Russia from formally moving its army into areas it already controls. Except I believe this would lead to a diplomatic crisis with unknown consequences. Still, I hope they do it. Declare Minsk deals dead, setup shop and call it "peacekeeping". Run slick media campaigns justifying it and etc. Europe won't do that much about it to be honest they might even be relieved. Sucks for the people there who get expropriated but like Scrat said, spoils of war. Then Putin can rebuild the place as a "show". Sounds like a win/win to me.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Except its inaccurate to call Oleksandrivsk 15km from the front line. It's right on the front line! There are literally trenches and firing positions inside of the town and 1km to the west is the Ukrainian front line. What is a 6 year old kid doing at a house at the front lines when 'rebels' are shooting mortars? Better yet, what are they doing shooting mortars from inside a town for? All it said was "according to local media" which means according to DNR fake news anyway.

Alexandrovsk - that's LNR.

They are talking about a different place in DNR, (town) in Donetsk suburbs; AlexandrovskOYE.
Same place where they killed an older man recently, ( 71 years old) that stepped outside to feed his livestock.
That one was shot by the Ukr. sniper, right in the head.

Last edited by erasure; 04-05-2021 at 01:00 AM..

Old 04-05-2021, 12:52 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Alexandrovsk - that's LNR.

They are talking about a different place in DNR, (town) in Donetsk suburbs; AlexandrovskOYE.
Same place where they killed an older man recently, ( 71 years old) that stepped outside to feed his livestock.
That one was shot by the Ukr. sniper, right in the head.
No, its here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ol...5!4d37.5622559

You can easily see the DNR lines on the west side of this "town".

No sniper can shoot that far where the town in Luhansk is. Ukraine's army is on the north side donets river, about 8km from that town. Across from them, LNR positions dug into a town. It's like they don't care if people's homes get shot at, so they choose to dig trenches right next to the homes.

Last edited by DKM; 04-05-2021 at 01:16 PM..

Old 04-05-2021, 12:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
There is a report of a ship that unloaded a lot of military equipment in Odessa. Humvees and the like with a lot of other stuff. 100s of tons of stuff.

The US is already there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe