Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 06:29 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I never claimed that.

Democracies can't stay static.
US STARTED as the right wing country - it simply can't deny its foundation.
If it developed some "left" ideas with time - that's just fine, the two-party system is what keeps the democratic process going.

What the left CAN'T do though, is to hijack the country using the corporations as their weapon of choice, and to sponsor the ultra-right forces in Russia.

Which they did.

That's why I keep on pointing at American "left" as a very problematic and questionable force out there, not to mention certain parts of their today's agenda.
The democrats are not a left party in the US, at least not since the neo liberals took over back in the 90s. Biden says he would veto a universal healthcare bill if it ever came across his desk. Not even right leaning parties say such things in Europe as that would be political suicide. The only left thing the dems stand on is social issues such as gay rights and supporting minorities and immigration (which isn’t really a left position since it lower wages and allows for lower labor costs). By European standards they are a center party at best if not center right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 07:00 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
The democrats are not a left party in the US, at least not since the neo liberals took over back in the 90s. Biden says he would veto a universal healthcare bill if it ever came across his desk. Not even right leaning parties say such things in Europe as that would be political suicide. The only left thing the dems stand on is social issues such as gay rights and supporting minorities and immigration (which isn’t really a left position since it lower wages and allows for lower labor costs). By European standards they are a center party at best if not center right.

Totally agree.....the social issues (gay rights, neutral gender bathroom, the "wokeness", etc...) are a fig leaf, the immigration friendly policies are to lower labor costs.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:03 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

Grega that's not how you figure what's "left" and what's "right" is at any given place, by comparing it to other countries.

What you do, is you look at the policies that each party pursues, and what is consistent with the "left train of thought," and what is consistent with the "right train of thought."

And if even after that, you sense that American "left" still doesn't come across as genuine "left," it's because of really, the "left" in America doesn't have a leg to stand on ( other than the labor unions,) because as I've already said - the country's very foundation is very "right" down to its core.

Even the very design of this country - the "downtowns" where men drove to work and "suburban areas" where women stayed behind with children, supports the Christian conservative views, on which America was built.
And that's why MOST of America is not suitable for public transportation, unlike Europe ( or Russia for this matter.) America was built with car dependency in mind.

So in order to make America truly "left," you literally have to rip that foundation out, to re-design the whole country, to shut down the Wall-Street, but what you are going to do with 70 + million Americans believing in Republican (i.e."right") ideas - I have no clue.

You want to squeeze them out of the country all together, to send them in "re-education" camps, or what. Because they believe in whatever they believe, they have their own concept in mind that make them tick, and you can't prove them that this concept is incorrect, and for a good reason.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:01 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
That’s precisely what it is. The Democrats are a center right party that are only slightly more left wing than Republicans. Someone like Sanders would barely make headlines in Europe, because he’s a centrist. The Anglosphere is more business oriented in general, which is why there aren’t as many left parties to be found there.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:27 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBAGaJOHn00

Do You ever get the feeling that You are in some theatre of the absurd?
I mean, you see what is the event, evaluate what is happening, you know that happens, but I understand that there is some absurdity?
Here I am now looking at the world, and I do not understand what is happening? I perfectly remember the slogans under which the protests in Syria began. I remember exactly the story of the golden loaf in Ukraine. I remember how we were told what a terrible tyrant Muammar Gaddafi, and before him Saddam Hussein. I remember how it all turned out to be complete nonsense. As no weapons of mass destruction were found either in Iraq or in Libya. How the golden loaf turned out to be a dummy in Ukraine, and then it disappeared somewhere. But in fact, the state did not live better. Neither Syria, Nor Ukraine, nor Iraq. More precisely, they began to live noticeably worse.
And now they are trying to rub exactly the same mulch into us in Russia. In my Russia.
And it would be fine, if literally a couple of weeks before this, a complete absurdity was not created in the United States, where only on the first day we lost a US veteran, where we watched for a long time and persistently all this BLM. I don't have the memory of an ostrich or a guppy fish. Guys, I remember what happened yesterday and 6 years ago in Ukraine and what happened in Iraq. I remember very well what happened in Paris with their protests a few months ago. And I remember perfectly well that in no country after all these color revolutions did not live better than before them. Neither in Georgia, nor in Iraq, nor in other Ukraine.
Don't stop me from picking my nose, after all you've done in the Capitol or Baghdad!
Think of Assange, think of Ashley Babbitt.
Alexey Navalny, oooh .. this is exactly for the wealth of the entire nation... everything.. in the person of Alexey Navalny and his sponsors! Don't even get your hopes up. **** You.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Первоначально опубликовано grega94 Просмотр Поста
Я не говорю о том, чтобы начать революцию и выбросить ребенка вместе с водой из ванны. Я просто говорю, что люди не должны быть политически апатичными. Несмотря на то, что Запад считает выборы в России еще есть и иногда оппозиционером кандидатов не победит (как правило на местном уровне), так что все что я говорю может начнем голосование что-то, кроме партии "Единая Россия", это не есть хорошо, когда одна партия имеет монополию на власть в течение многих десятилетий, это приводит к зашоренности и застоя. России нужны свежие идеи и новая кровь.
Excuse me. And what are the latest ideas? Can I ask you to voice at least a couple of fresh ideas?

Oh, I love this Western "power shift" so much. This is probably when people sit in the Senate until they die.Or when families rule, a son,a grandson, a wife is president, etc. This makes sense when the real power remains behind the scenes, and only the candy wrapper changes. If I may say so.

A little smile...
By the way. Has anyone ever seen a regular change in the leadership of large successful corporations? Well, once every four years to. No? And why? After all, there are more people working there than in some countries, and the financial turnover is comparable to the budgets of the countries. It is strange why there is no management turnover. And yes, if you need some kind of manager, for this or that place. That is necessarily with work experience and nothing else. Strange, stupid corporations ))))

Old 01-23-2021, 02:01 AM

A few photos of their Chelyabinsk. Pipe rolling plant.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:10 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Culture capital of russia...

https://twitter.com/natohawks/status...346215938?s=20

Old 01-23-2021, 12:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Nice kick. It's probably just what he wanted. Maybe next time the cops stroll by they can put some knots on his head too.

We all know why the police are being provoked.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:39 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post

I have to admit that a lot of images I saw ( particularly the bigger cities in the Eastern part of the country) look very impressive, ( comparably to what it used to be.)
So it's not all "doom and gloom" under Putin as some are trying to present.
So yes, I do see reasons why Russians prefer to play their cards safely, and to not to be in a hurry to part with him, as much as I personally dislike him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe