Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2020, 03:43 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

I never saw that anywhere when i was growing up. I don't remember any of it in other places. The guy is either working with the mother or utterly worthless to her. The latter is becoming far more common. That was most likely Hollywood trying to look relevant, it has nothing to do with real life as i know it.
Lately - yes.
But if you look back even as far as the sixties ( or better else - the fifties,) this was a different story.
I think Hollywood was reflecting/portraying it correctly.

Quote:
I disagree. In the absence of extremes such as prolonged conflict where many males are dying often or extremes in some form affect the structure family is the rules in stable societies. This has been with us as far back as Homo Erectus who invented the extended family. The family unit is the basic building blocks of the clan and therefore the tribe.
I don't see anything "tribal" about White America.
Besides, when was the last time when "many males were dying" from whatever cause in the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 05:52 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
My mom had 7 kids, it definitely took a mental toll on her, especially since her relationship with my dad was strenuous at times (and still is). And she said that she experienced depression after some of her births, especially when she felt distant from God. (She’s very religious and it’s something that my dad has a hard time understanding, so she would feel isolated especially since she was a foreigner in a new country who didn’t understand the language and didn’t have a lot of close friends who understood her, though she eventually found a church that fit her). I think postpartum depression is real, though I think there is more to it than just child birth.

Old 12-13-2020, 10:10 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russi...130022725.html

Old 12-14-2020, 01:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ctfhLrS5U

In Belgorod, two days does not stop freezing rain.It's slippery, everything is covered with a crust of ice. What was sprinkled with salt and sand yesterday, today was already covered with a centimeter of new ice on top. Brand new, smooth ice ! The main roads , cars are driving,and public transport is running. But, still, such weather...

Traces of the wheels is yesterday I went by car to the city.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Putin's concern about rising food prices is only because he worries the masses will discover the reason behind them: sanctions. Better to get in front of this and blame others for the mess he created. It's okay though, they still have cheap gaz and that's all a person needs.

Less mouths to feed with 205k Russians dying in October alone might relieve pressure on prices too.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:29 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Putin's concern about rising food prices is only because he worries the masses will discover the reason behind them: sanctions. Better to get in front of this and blame others for the mess he created. It's okay though, they still have cheap gaz and that's all a person needs.

Less mouths to feed with 205k Russians dying in October alone might relieve pressure on prices too.
What a silly comment...sanctions??? No, simply exporters wanting to profit selling abroad, Russia is a main producer of the items with the highest price increase, sanctions have nothing to do with it.

Food bank lineup in......Texas couple of weeks ago...

Thousands of people lining up for free food in.....Milan

Old 12-14-2020, 10:59 PM

As a manufacturer of goods. I'll tell you.Stores in Russia are a little spoiled . The margin is often 80-100 percent of the incoming cost. And at the same time, they do not want to buy a product from the manufacturer, they want to take this product for sale, and pay the money after the sale, preferably within a couple of months. but representatives of retail chains, publicly such beautiful tears pour on poor producers that the heart bleeds.How they care about the well-being of manufacturers is just a song!!!, But they will not invest in the product.))) the situation is leveling off, but slowly, maybe now we will take another step in the right direction..

Old 12-14-2020, 11:16 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
What a silly comment...sanctions??? No, simply exporters wanting to profit selling abroad, Russia is a main producer of the items with the highest price increase, sanctions have nothing to do with it.

Food bank lineup in......Texas couple of weeks ago...

Thousands of people lining up for free food in.....Milan

Yes, that's precisely what Putin was talking about, he pointed at that, "I know very well who is behind that price increase on domestic market, and YOU know too," talking to his ministers. ( It was all about basic stuff specifically - things like flour, sugar, safflower oil.)
He looked quite irritated too, during that meeting ( that's why I've said that he was not amused.)

Old 12-14-2020, 11:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
As a manufacturer of goods. I'll tell you.Stores in Russia are a little spoiled . The margin is often 80-100 percent of the incoming cost. And at the same time, they do not want to buy a product from the manufacturer, they want to take this product for sale, and pay the money after the sale, preferably within a couple of months. but representatives of retail chains, publicly such beautiful tears pour on poor producers that the heart bleeds.How they care about the well-being of manufacturers is just a song!!!, But they will not invest in the product.))) the situation is leveling off, but slowly, maybe now we will take another step in the right direction..
Yeah, and at the same time the manufacturer has to pay yet a rollback to "enter to the our retail chain".

Old 12-14-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Yeah, and at the same time the manufacturer has to pay yet a rollback to "enter to the our retail chain".
The pullback was around 5%, but this is earlier. Now they are trying, but it has become difficult and dangerous. I only know one case in a couple of years,and that's not money, but just a person using someone else's car.Those terrible times are in the past, no matter what they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe