Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 01:24 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Was it really worth it that you took Crimea from your brothers, and you made the West hate you again? Just when we could actually at some point be friends? And at the same time you made your brothers hate you.

I don't think it was worth it.
Crimean population wants to live in Russia. It is a fact. And the brothers did not scream "Kill the Russian", as they did in 2013. Over the past 25 years Ukraine has brought a younger generation that hates Russia. But the 10 million Russians live in Ukraine. The great civil war on the territory of Ukraine - it's a matter of time, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 AM

969 posts, read 825,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Crimean population wants to live in Russia. It is a fact. And the brothers did not scream "Kill the Russian", as they did in 2013. Over the past 25 years Ukraine has brought a younger generation that hates Russia. But the 10 million Russians live in Ukraine. The great civil war on the territory of Ukraine - it's a matter of time, unfortunately.
Though I should be biased against your claims here, statistically speaking, given that I was raised in the west, there is too much circumstantial evidence that the Ukraine crisis was ultimately an act of US aggression.

The only problem, for getting people in the west to recognize what has actually happened, is this:

Employers Find ‘Soft Skills’ Like Critical Thinking in Short Supply - Wall Street Journal, wedded to this:

Liberal News Media Bias Has a Serious Effect - New York Times, and this:

The Dunning Kruger effect: How Western Belief Gives Us More Confidence Than We Deserve

Old 09-18-2016, 10:15 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Crimean population wants to live in Russia. It is a fact.
No, it's 100% Russian propaganda. There's zero evidence that Crimeans "wanted" to be invaded/subjugated by Putin.

Probably many (most?) Russians want to live in the U.S. or Europe. Does that give the U.S./Europe the right to invade Russia? Obviously no. But Putin is a murderous tyrant who doesn't care about international norms.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:16 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Everyone understands that the Crimea is Russia. Except the mad West, which supports the anti-constitutional coups.
Not one country on earth recognizes Crimea as part of Russia, except for Russia.

So when you say "everyone understands that Crimea is Russia" you actually mean "no one but Russia".

Old 09-18-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Though I should be biased against your claims here
It's not claims. I just communicate with interesting people.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No, it's 100% Russian propaganda. There's zero evidence that Crimeans "wanted" to be invaded/subjugated by Putin.
Have you visited the Crimea? I was there in 2012 and 2013 the years. And I will fly there next Friday. I think I have more accurate information than you have.

Of course, there exist problems, as well as in other parts of the Russian Federation. But the majority of the population of Crimea are Russians. Russia has a higher quality of life than Ukraine. Therefore Crimeans have chosen Russia.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:37 PM

It's amazing, but the Russian cartoon is in the top YouTube. 1.6 billion views!

Masha and the Bear, 18 series, Masha and kasha.

https://youtu.be/KYniUCGPGLs

Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 PM

184 posts, read 221,820 times
I know Russia pretty well (I speak russian fluently), I'm married to a Russian and I did all my studies in Moscow.

One question : why do russian authorities organize russian elections if they're always fake ? You can find videos on Facebook and vkontakte showing falsifications. Besides, the results are very similar.

Why does russian authorities don't create a unique party like in China ? It would be exactly the same and would be more honest. Nobody around the world believe in these elections.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:45 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
It's amazing, but the Russian cartoon is in the top YouTube. 1.6 billion views!

Masha and the Bear, 18 series, Masha and kasha.
I hate the Masha cartoons. They're so obviously mimicking the Disney/Warner Brothers style. Russia was really onto something exceptional with the Yuri Norstein cartoons. They should stick to that, do their own thing, instead of imitating a style from somewhere else. Russia was always tops in children's programming. There is no need for foreign influences.

(Thank you for salvaging the thread before it got closed due to political fighting over Crimea/Ukraine, like several other threads in the past.)

Old 09-18-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
I know Russia pretty well (I speak russian fluently), I'm married to a Russian and I did all my studies in Moscow.

One question : why do russian authorities organize russian elections if they're always fake ? You can find videos on Facebook and vkontakte showing falsifications. Besides, the results are very similar.

Why does russian authorities don't create a unique party like in China ? It would be exactly the same and would be more honest. Nobody around the world believe in these elections.
Russians believe in these elections. This is the answer to your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe